Link

Link landed infront of the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab. That silly little machine was getting on his nerves. It had driven Link away from Zelda, so he didn't get to say goodbye or tell her she will do great.

    Link absent-mindedly walked through the doors and was met with an exited, "Click, snap!" by Purah.

    Purah was standing on one of the chairs, surrounded by sheets of paper. She was writing something in her notebook.

    "Takes Linky three days to say 'hi' after saving. . .the. . .princess," she muttered as she wrote. The little girl twirled to face him. "And you didn't even bring her!" She placed her hands on her hips with a huff.

    "Something's come up," Link defended himself.

    "And that kept her from coming to see yours truly?" Purah opened her palms out to Link. Sometimes the old woman acted like a child, not just look like one.

    Link skipped to the point of his visit. He turned to show Purah the blinking square, moving his hair he hadn't yet pulled back out of the way. "Can you get this out?"

    Purah pursed her lips and hopped off the chair, scooting it closer to Link. She climbed back on it to exam the metal square.

    "Well, snap!" she chirped in her high voice. "What is this thing? I've never seen anything like it. Symin! Come look!"

    Purah's lab assistant walked through the mess to stand by Purah's side. "What is it?"

    "I don't know," Purah responded. She touched the square, then dug her nails in the skin around it. Link pulled back from the pain. "It is certainly stubborn."

    Symin took a step closer. "May I?" When Link nodded, he studdied the square in his neck. "It shouldn't be difficult getting it out."

    "Well then, let's get it out!" piped Purah. "I'll prepare the workspace. Symin, you get what we need."

    Purah jumped down from the chair and climbed on the table cluttered with random notes and books. She started shoving everything off, not taking care to organize anything or even look where everything was scattered. Symin, on the other hand, went to his clean and tidy portion of the room. He pulled out drawers and took hold of sharp objects.

    "Now Link," Purah said. "Just lay here, or sit if you want, and that little thing will be out in a snap!"

    Link sat on the table, unexpectedly anxious. Symin appeared next to him with hands full of objects Link didn't want to look at.

    "Just hold still," Symin muttered. He brought his hands up to Link's neck, moving his hair out of the way. Link held it for him.

    He felt a sharp pain where Symin was cutting, but it made Link feel surprisingly comforted. What was even better was a gentle voice whisper, "Mipha's Grace is ready," in his ear.

    Link was frozen like a statue, waiting for when he will be reunited with Zelda.