Zelda

Link fell to his knees, face scrunched in pain. Zelda gasped, running to Link's side. She knew he was holding in screams and she wished he would just let them out. Every moment Link was in pain flashed across her vision. His death lingered the most.

    "Stop it!" Zelda screeched at Poe. "Make it stop!"

    Poe smiled down at her.

    Zelda looked back at Link. He was covered in sweat, panting around the grunts. She stared back at Poe. His hand was in his pocket, torturing Link somehow. Zelda stood, furious, and shot a golden beam of light at Poe's pocket. It hit true.

    Poe growled, pulling a bloody hand from his pocket. Zelda looked down at Link. He was still panting, but didn't seam to be in pain anymore. Link got to his feet, opposing Poe along with Zelda.

    Poe walked right up to Zelda. He raised his arm as if to backhand her, and swung.

    Zelda flinched, waiting for the blow, but it didn't come. She opened her eyes to find Link twisting Poe's arm behind his back. Link shoved Poe towards the door.

    "I will be back," Poe snarled. He pointed at Zelda. "You will tell me everything I want, and you" -he pointed at Link- "won't stop me."

    Poe opened the door so hard Zelda thought he would rip it off its hinges. He slammed it behind him, the room shook.

    "Are you okay?" Zelda whispered.

    Link was looking at the floor when he nodded.

    "We need to get out of here," she stated the obvious. "I have a plan."

    Link looked up at her. Zelda walked to the washroom door and opened it. Terrako came running out, trying to whistle. He stopped next to Zelda.

    "This is Terrako," she explained to Link as she fixed the whistle. Terrako started making all kinds of noise. Zelda stood. "He somehow made a portal that brought me here. He can make another one leading back home."

    Terrako looked at Link. He circled him over and over, replaying Zelda's voice yelling, "Liiiink!"

    "Sshh, Terrako," Zelda hushed him. "They can't know you're here."

    Terrako went silent, but continued to run around Link, who tried to back away from him. Terrako just followed him around. Zelda giggled at the two.

    Terrako stopped. His body opened up, revealing the ugly gears and cords. He reached inside his body, pulling two objects out. Terrako handed the the first item to Link, but kept the second.

    "Terrako, you found the Sheikah Slate!" exclaimed Zelda. "And. . .is that a hand?" She grimaced when Terrako whooped, meaning yes. Zelda shook it off, walking to Link's side. "I haven't seen that in a hundred years," she sighed.

    Link held the Slate out for Zelda. She took it. It was opened to a map of Hyrule. She knew this feature existed, along with the pictures, but based on watching Link save the world from afar, it had other abilities, too.

    "What else can it do?" she asked.

    Link told her about the runes and what they did. He showed her how he was able to carry almost everything he owned with what he called "the pocket feature." He even showed Zelda some of the journals on the Sheikah Slate where he kept tasks and quests straight.

    "This is amazing," she sighed. Zelda gave the Slate back, and Link tucked it in his waistband. "Now, about the plan." She looked Link in the eye, trying to hold back a blush when she said, "I know the Sword didn't heal you. It was Mipha's Grace." Zelda watched for a bad reaction from Link, but he only gave a small smile. She loved it when he smiled. It was her favorite thing in the world to see Link use this to express his feelings, since he didn't say much about them. "If you have Miph's Grace, then you have the other Champions' powers, too."

    Link nodded. Zelda smiled at the confirmation.

    "Then you have Urbosa's Fury. You can make a hole in the wall with her power. I can create little platforms to stand on outside. Then we break back in and find our things - we'll be unstoppable with our powers combined - and Terrako can take us back home."

    Link nodded. He stepped up to the exterior wall. "You might want to stand back."

    Zelda smiled as she followed his suggestion. She loved it when Link got this way.

    Link lifted his hands and snapped his fingers.