Part-14

Gauri was standing near the railing of the hospital stairs. She was biting her nails to let go off the nervousness. It was the first time they were talking face to face after that fight.

Om stood behind her backfacing her. He was not nervous! That was what trying to convey through his actions. He cleared his throat to gain her attention. She turned towards him. Her eyes! The brown orbs which made his confidence vapourise in thin air. He quickly looked away from her eyes.

"Vo! I just wanted to clear something!" Om said.

"You are marrying me for Riya! That's what you wanna say right?" Gauri asked.

Om looked at her surprised.

"Yes! Lekin I don't understand why you decided to spoil your life for my daughter. You very well know that i am a father of a five year old and i love my wife very much. Still you agreed to marry me knowing that i can't be a good husband for you." Om said.

"I don't know if you can be a good husband for me or not! But i am sure that i can be a good mother for Riya. I love your daughter very much. If I can become a cure for Riyas condition, then I am ready to do this wholeheartedly." Gauri said.

Om smiled a little.

"Why do i feel like I know you already?" Om asked.

"Because you know me already!" Gauri said.

"Excuse me!"

"I mean I was working with you. So you know me." Gauri said.

"So, you are ok with this marriage?" Om asked.

"Yes!" Gauri said.

"Let me make this clear! I am marrying you for the sake of my daughter. I love my Ishu! For me you are always my daughters mother and nothing more." He said not looking into her hazel brown eyes.

"I know! I mean nothing to you and this marriage will mean nothing to you. You love Ishu and for you I will always be Riyas mother and nothing more." Gauri said and turned to the other side. She quickly wiped her tears withour him noticing.

"Thank you for understanding me Gauri." He said.

She turned to him and gave him a meek smile.

"I will always try to understand you Omkara ji!" Gauri said in her mind and walked off.

Om looked at her retreating figure with a confused face. He kept his hands on his chest and wondered.

"Why does my heart beat so rapidly when she is around me. Does she have any other connection with me?" Om thought!

...

"Bhavya! You are kidding right?" Pinky asked shocked.

"Haa! I will be kidding saying that my dead bhabhi cheated bhai and her best friend to become his wife! That too in this situation?" Bhavya said sarcastically.

"Lekin, Ishaana was never like this! She loved Om and they both-"

"She loved Bhai! That's true but their story is not like how you and Bhai thinks!" Bhavya said.

"Bhavya! I know I shouldn't be asking this! But by any chance, did Gauri lie about this?" Pinky asked.

"Mummy! How can you speak like that? I know Gauri! She can never lie about this. In fact she could have told this to everyone. But she never did that just for Bhai and Ishaanas happiness. You shouldn't ever get such a doubt." Bhavya said.

"I know! But.... It's just that.... I can't believe Ishaana did something like this. A sweet girl like Ishaana, doing these things. It's not easy believe Bhavya!" Pinky said.