Part-20

Her eyes filled with tears, her hands trembling, her heartbeat rising, she looked at him again.

"What do you mean?" She asked not able to believe what he said.

"I started liking this Gauri. I tried hard not to give you any place in my heart. But you became my friend. When we three are together, I can't help it but..... bohoth acha lagtha hai! My family just feels complete." Om said looking into her eyes making her heart skip a beat.

For the first time he found the comfort which he was searching all these years in her eyes. He felt relaxed, an unknown emotion filling up his heart.

"You accept me? As your daughters mother?" Gauri asked.

She didn't want to have any misinterpretation this time. She wanted to clear it. She wanted to know that he wanted her as his wife or his daughters mother.

"I want you as my friend! Not just as my daughters mother." Om revealed.

"I wish I could tell you the feelings revolving inside me! But i myself is confused about it. Then how can I tell you?" Om thought.

Gauri wiped her tears and smiled at him.

"As I promised I will try to understand you Omkara ji! I will!" Gauri thought.

"Why are you crying?" Om asked.

"Those are just happy tears!" Gauri said wiping them.

...

Rudy was sitting in front of Om.

"What were you saying? She is just my daughters mother.... She won't have any place in my heart." Rudy asked mimicking him.

Om glared at him.

"Kithna din hua? Dho ya theen? Within few days! Just few days! You changed your stand. Waah!" Rudy said trying hard to tease him more.

"Shut up Rudy." Om said angrily.

"Don't try to shut me up. I was trying to make you realise the same thing and you were like, no! Gauri is no one to me. She won't have any place in my heart. And now what?" Rudy asked.

Om looked down not able to answer him.

"Ok ok! Don't continue with your teasing session. It's not like how you think. We are like friends." Om said.

"Exactly! That my point you both are LIKE FRIENDS! Because you are not not just friends, but something more than friends." Rudy said.

"Oh come on Rudy. What makes you think so?" Om asked.

"The facts! The facts which I know makes me think so. And same facts which is in front of you but you are not clever enough to realise that. I still don't understand, with this small pea sized brain how did you run this company for so long?" Rudy asked.

Om glared at him.

"There is no use in glaring at me." Rudy said.

"If you want to tell something. Tell that straight on my face. Not like this. I am not understanding anything." Om said making faces.

"O! The thing which I want to tell you is that.... YOU ARE AN IDIOT!" Rudy said angrily.

...

"Bhai said so?" Bhavya asked.

Gauri nodded.

"Don't you realise you are not really happy or excited because of this?" Bhavya asked.

"Aisa kuch nah-"

"No Gauri! I know you very well. Don't act in front of me. Atleast not today. And the sad fact is that you are aware of the reason due to which you are not happy. And still you are not trying to go and reach your happiness." Bhavya said.