Part-15

He tied the nuptial chain around her neck, he filled her hairline with sindoor, he took the vows with her in presence of the holy fire. For him, everything was an adjustment done for his daughter. But for her it wasn't so.

It is true that Gauri was doing everything for Riya. But a part of her hoped for a better tomorrow. A bright future with him. She knew it wasn't easy as she thinks. But she was not ready to accept the defeat without even trying. She decided not to be the fake, masked Gauri anymore. She wanted to the real self of her. With new hope and determination, started her new life.

"I promise that I will try to understand you Omkara ji." Gauri thought.

"I promise that I will try to be a friend for you Gauri." Om thought.

...

Om was cursing Bhavya under his breathe for making Riya sleep with Pinky and Shakthi. Even though he agreed for this marriage, he never thought of something called first night. It wasn't really special for him. But still he found that awkward.

Soon the door was opened. Gauri wearing a simple salwaar entered the room. Om maintained his posture seeing her. She smiled at him.

"Where is Riya?" Gauri asked.

"Bhavya made her sleep with Mummy." Om said.

"Why? She could have slept here." Gauri said.

"Then bring her back here." Om mumbled.

Om was trying hard not to be awkward. But Gauri could see him being nervous.

"I am so sleepy. I will take the right side of the bed. Even if you want the right side, I won't give that to you."  Gauri said and went to the right side.

Om looked at Gauri going to the right side of the bed and laying there. He smiled and went to the other side.

"I don't want to make this awkward. I.... I know this won't be easy for both of us. We know we are doing this for Riya. But let's be open to each other. Living in the same room as good friends is better than living in the same room as strangers. Let's give a new beginning to this relationship Gauri. Let's be good friends hoping for each other's goodness." Om said.

Gauri smiled at him.

"Will you be able to take my friendship?" Gauri asked.

"Was that a question or...."

"Let me tell you! I am really crazy and weird." Gauri said excitedly moving closer to him placing the pillow on her lap.

"Your sister knows that very well. If you want to be my friend, then you will have to bear all my craziness. I will pull your leg, make fun of you, tease you, at certain situations, invoulantarily I might slightly hit you, I will irritate you to the core." Gauri said excited.

She looked at Om sitting on the bed with his mouth open.

"Kya hua?" She asked innocently blinking her eyes.

"Who are you?" Om asked.

Gauri slowly turned back scared thinking that there was someone behind her. She turned to see nobody.

"You were asking me?" She asked.

"Aur kisse? You were not like this when we talked for the first time." He said.

"I was exactly the same when we talked for the first time." She said smiling sadly.

She noticed his confused face and quickly changed the topic.

"See! I told na, you won't be able to handle me. I am weird and crazy. Now only I told you about my character and look at you. How can you bear me after being your friend? You can't do this." Gauri asked.