Part-24

She felt like the ground below her going away.

"Wh....what?" She asked shocked.

"Your acting is pretty impressive Gauri!" He said with a blank face.

"Omkara ji aap-"

"I wish I never knew this! This is killing me from inside. I know I don't have to feel guilty but I do feel it. Why? You were the one who was aware of everything and you decide to keep me in the dark! Still I feel I am the culprit. You are the one who destroyed everything." He said angrily.

Unable to hear these allegations she shouted.

"Bas! I agree.... I am the one who kept you in the dark! But what was I supposed to say? Would you have believed me? Did I have any proof with me? It was you who just went and asked Ishaana about her being your Ajnabi. I never asked you to go and ask her. But you did. I was numb. I couldn't comprehend what was happening. You were living a happy life with Ishaana. I was helpless." She said finally crying falling on her feet.

"You were happy! You had your family, your wife and you were soon going to be a father. What about me? I had no one with me. I was alone. I lived my life as a breathing dead body. For the first time I really loved a man and I just got pain in return. I used to think that I will have so much fun while doing MBA from a foreign university. But I just wasted those years thinking about you. And you know what broke me more? My best friends betrayal. I shared every damn thing with her. I considered her as my family. And she broke my heart. It was easy for you Omkara ji! But not for me. You simply put the blame on me. I was the one who suffered. You were living happily with your whole family." She said.

Harshly wiping the tears she looked at him. A part of him wanted just hug her tightly and erase her pain but the part of was confused. He knew she was not at fault. But what he felt now was not allowing him to look at her the way he looked at her earlier. And that made him guilty again. How he wished if could take her in his arms and make her forget her pain. But he felt numb.

"You still think I am at fault?" Gauri asked hurt. "I know I did a mistake by not telling you about it even after her death and keeping you in the dark. If you are still feeling the same, I will go away from your life."

A lone tear escaped her eyes. The thought of handing over the nupitial chain back to him made her knees go weak. Didn't she deserve any happiness in her life? Finally she was happy when he proposed her. She was dreaming about a new life which she was going to live with him and Riya. But everything changed.

With a heavy heart she started removing the nupitial chain from her neck. His eyes widened realising what she was going to do. He held her hand stopping her from removing it. He nodded his head in denial.

Gauris POV

He nodded no! Isn't this what he wanted? Didn't he want to end this relationship?

Don't give me any hope Omkara! I can't bear this anymore! I am fed up.

I saw him coming closer to me. With each step our distance decreasing. For a fraction of second I saw his eyes filled with desires. But wait! It wasn't just lust! I saw love for me in his eyes!

No! No! No! Don't get these shitty thoughts into your mind Gauri! At last you will be left with a broken heart. Why will he love me? He still thinks I betrayed him. He regrets everything!

Taking back myself from these thoughts I looked and gasped seeing him so close to me. My heart beat was increasing rapidly.