Part-17

I wrote the beginning of this part during the time of my writers block and it's damn boring. But after few dialogues that has changed.

Happy reading.

"Mumma! Rapunzel had long hair na? Then I also want long long hair, like you." Riya said looking at Gauris long, black, wavy hair.

"Acha! Tho, you have to maintain your hair so dearly. Lekin in your age I didn't have much hair. Not even this much." Gauri said pointing towards Riyas hair.

"Why?" Riya asked.

"Because I never wanted to be Rapunzel. I wanted to be myself." Gauri said.

"Matlab?" Riya asked curiously.

"Matlab, instead trying to be like someone, or trying to change myself for someone, I wanted to be the real me. You won't understand it now. Jab thum badi ho jaaungi tab tab samaj mein aaoongi." Gauri said.

Riya looked at her confused.

"How much hair did you have?" Riya asked.

"Bas short hai thi. Yaha thak." She said pointing towards her shoulder.  "That too till my college days."

"You had short hair?" Om asked surprised.

"You didn't sleep?" Gauri asked even more surprised.

"Vo, I was listening to your talks." Om said.

Gauri smiled at him. He smiled back and turned to the other side.

"Shit! Why is this so awkward? We became friends and talked to each other casually right? Ab kya hua? Why can't I talk to her?" Om thought.

"Why am I doing this? My heart tells me not to keep distance. But my mind reminds me that in the end I will have to cry if I get close to him. Why God! Why are you doing this to me?" Gauri thought.

...

"Now what are you waiting for? Can we cut the cake?" Tej asked excited.

"Ys! Lets cut. But you won't get to eat Tej! Your sugar level is high." Jhaanvi warned.

"Arrey! It's my grand daughters birthday today! I want cake." Tej said.

"You won't get one." Jhaanvi said sternly.

Tej pouted.

"So what are waiting for? Let's cut the cake?" Jhaanvi asked.

"Mom told super Chachu will come to meet me!" Vani said excited!

Tej and Jhanvis eyes widened.

"Rudy will come?" Came a voice from behind.

"I am not sure Shivaay! But I invited him today." Anika said.

"We call him for every functions. He doesn't come na?" Shivaay said.

"I don't know why, but today I have a gut feeling that he will come." Anika said.

Suddenly they heard the calling bell ringing. Tej went and opened the door. He saw Rudy standing there nervously playing with his fingers. He had a gift box in his hand.

"I never knew Anikas invitation had this power to bring you here." Tej said.

"Can I come in?" Rudy asked nervously.

Tej moved aside indicating him to go in. Rudy went inside to see the house decorated with colourful balloons and ribbons. He saw Anika standing near little Vani with a smile. And behind them stood him, who claims to be his brother. The one who he loves, but just shows that he means nothing.