Part-16

Gauris POV.

Life is not really like the olden times! Yesterday I got married to the man whome I loved, and still loves. But what surprised me was he being so nice to me. Well! Life is so unpredictable. Rudy told me not to keep high hopes. But I can't help it.

I was sitting on the bed with all these thoughts. That was when Riya came running to the room. She seems excited.

"Today I will sleep with you!" She said enthusiastically.

I got up and took her in my arms. I placed a small kiss on her forehead. She is giving me the feelings of a mother. I don't know why, but I love this child so much. Soon I heard the sound of the bathroom door opening.

"Dada!" Riya called.

Oh god this man! He was just in towel. His well built body was attracting me like a magnet. Gauri! Control! Damn girl! Control your desires.

He was walking towards us. The smell of his lifeboy soap was intoxicating. God! I will be the first person to be intoxicated by the smell of lifeboy soap. But everything about this man makes me crazy.

"Dada! I am going to sleep with both of you tonight." Riya said.

He smiled and placed a kiss on her foreheatd. Exactly the same place where I kissed. Hayye!!!! That's romantic. GAURI!!! Remember what Rudy said. Don't keep high hopes. And stop behaving like a love sick teenager.

"Mumma!" I heard Riya calling me.

I was shocked and surprised for a moment. It was the first time she was calling me Mumma. My heart filled with happiness. My eyes filled with happy tears. I knew she wanted me as her mother. But hearing this from her mouth gave me goosebumps.

"Can I call you that?" Riya asked innocently.

I nodded happily. Words can't explain what I felt right now. I couldn't speak anything. I looked at Omkara ji. I was tensed for a second that he might not like Riya giving Ishaanas place to me. But what surprised me was seeing him smiling with full content. Is this what people call a happy family?

End of Gauris POV.

Riya kissed Gauris cheeks and ran to Bhavyas room.

"Gauri!" He called her.

She felt butterflies flying inside her stomach hearing him calling her name. Happiness along with such nice gestures was making her heart thumping with excitement and pleasure.

"Gauri! He is doing this to make you comfortable! Don't hope too much. He still loves Ishu." Gauri reminded herself.

But a simple reminder wasn't enough for her to hide and forget about the everlasting love for him. She looked at him.

"Are you really OK with Riya calling you that?" Om asked.

His voice showed concern.

"Why won't I be OK? You already know right? I love Riya as my daughter." Gauri said with a small smile.

Om smiled.

"Are you Ok with that?" She asked.

Om looked confused at her.

"I mean do you mind Riya calling me Mumma?" Gauri asked.

"Me? Why will I-"

"Don't you feel bad when I take Ishaanas place in your daughters life?" Gauri asked.

Sudden realisation hit him. That was when we realised what happened. He looked at her. Her eyes gave that questioning look to him.

"I.... Vo.... Me-"