THIRTY-NINE | Sneaky

guys tell me if you are getting bored of these happy cute-ish chapters because if you are i will literally bring out inner evil me and literally break your hearts :)

(also i don't know how to feel about this chapter)

ATHENA RUSSO:

"Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!"

I cover my face with my hands, blushing.

Artemis sits down next to me and nudges me, "Well? Is he a good kisser?"

Yes. So good that it makes me wonder how many girls he's kissed before me to be that good.

"Athena? Hey. It's okay if he's a bad kisser. At least he's got the looks, right?"

I sign and drop my hands, "It's not that. He's a good kisser. But I don't know."

"Is he better than me?"

I grin, "Maybe just a little bit."

She flips her hair over her shoulder and waves a dismissive hand, "I'm going to pretend you never said that but seriously what is it?"

I take a deep breath.

"I think I like him."

"Well of course you do. You don't kiss people for no reason."

"That's not it. I've just never liked someone before and this feeling... I hate it."

She chuckles, "This feeling is like a flower blooming, you can't stop it when it continues to flourish. Sometimes a crush is like a Rose blooming but love is like a Heliotrope. Actually, maybe trying to refer this to flowers is a bad idea."

Her knowledge of flowers is quite... Intriguing. But I can definitely picture her being a florist when she's older.

If you thought the rose was the most meaningful flower well the heliotrope steals the show; it means eternal love.

"No... I understand what you're trying to say," I say, reassuring her.

She nods, relieved. "But seriously, what about him do you like?"

"His smile. It's cute," I say instantly.

Raising her eyebrows, she says, "Really? To be honest— Sorry. I shouldn't make judgments about him. He's for you, not for me."

"Well, what about you? Do you like anyone?"

She looks away and shrugs, "I um. No. I don't like anyone."

I nudge her with my elbow, "I won't tell her anyone, you can tell me." She runs a hand through her soft blonde hair.

I wonder what shampoo and conditioner she uses to make her hair look so healthy.