Twenty-Seven

Billie groaned as she lifted her head from the toilet. She had been throwing up all night with the pregnancy. She felt awful.

Tom opened the bathroom door and smiled. "Hey. Here's some water," he said as he handed her a glass.

Billie drank the water and sighed. She looked to Tom. "I'm carrying the demon child. I need an exorcism. Your baby is literally trying to kill me off," she mumbled.

Tom smirked as he pulled her from the floor. He kissed her. "It's going to be worth it when our baby is here. I promise," he said.

"I hope so."

"Trust me. Everything is going to be okay. I promise you."

Billie looked to him and smiled. She just hoped he was right.

***
Tom drove them into work. Billie got out the car and walked over to her sister. She smiled as she saw Mia. "Mia. Hi."

Megan smiled. "She's here with mummy today. Because her daycare is being silly," she said.

Billie took her niece and held her. She looked to Megan. "When does morning sickness stop? This is horrid."

Megan smirked. "Sometimes can last all pregnancy. Luckily Mia knew not to make mummy too poorly with it."

"Well my baby seemingly has the devil in it."

"Good luck with that."

***
Billie sat in the staffroom eating biscuits. Tom smiled. "Hungry?" He asked as he kissed her.

Billie nodded and sighed. "These seem to be the only things stopping me from being sick. And trust me, I wish they weren't. I usually hate biscuits."

Tom smiled. "At least they're helping you. You sure you're okay?" He said.

"I'm fine babe. I promise."

Tom nodded and kissed her. He was worried about how sick the baby was making her. And he didn't want to risk anything happening to her or their baby.

***
Billie walked into the crèche with Megan. She saw her niece sitting there and smiled. "Surprised Max doesn't have her in the office," she said.

Megan smirked. "He wanted go. But I told him he had to let her get used to being without him and me. She's our daughter yeah. But we won't always be in arms reach," she told her.

Billie picked her up and smiled. "Do you think I'll be a good mum?" She asked.

"Of course. I think you'll be a brilliant mum. I see how you are with Mia. And i know that you're going to be an amazing mummy."

Billie looked to her. "Thanks. I'm just hoping I'll be as good as you or mum."

"The fact you're already worrying about it tells me you're going to do just fine. I promise."

***
Billie sighed as she and Tom walked into the house. She sat on the sofa and smiled. "I need sleep. And lots of it," she said.

Tom looked to her. "Get an early night babe. You look awful," he told her as he handed her a glass of water.

Billie stood up and sighed. She walked upstairs into the bedroom and fell asleep. But she had no idea just how much everything between her and Tom was about to come crashing down.