ThirtyOne

Billie knew how she had been struggling with being pregnant. She knew she was excited to have her baby. But the whole pregnancy was getting to her.

She felt as though she hadn't been able to enjoy being pregnant. She was focused on the bad stuff that could happen. And she didn't want it. She just wanted to be okay.

Billie hadn't told anyone how she was feeling yet. Knowing that she felt as though they wouldn't understand. She hadn't even talked to her own sister.

She felt alone and isolated. Which felt weird as she knew she had people there for her. She had her mum, her sister and Tom. But yet she couldn't find it in her to open up.

She didn't know what it was that made her feel that way. But she somehow wanted to make it all seem okay. She just needed to find the words to open up.

All she knew was that things weren't easy at all. And she was scared about being a mum. She just needed to somehow make it seem okay. When she knew deep down, it wasn't.

Morning came and she woke to see Tom wasn't in bed. She grabbed her dressing gown off the floor and left the bedroom. She saw him inside the baby's room. "Tom?"

Tom turned to her and smiled. "Hey. You're awake. You okay?" He asked.

Billie nodded. She sighed and smiled. "What's going on?" She asked as she looked to him.

"I've put the baby's cot up. I know she'll be in with us for a few months at first. But I thought it might help if you see her stuff all put together. The stroller is put up downstairs. So hopefully this will help you out," Tom said.

Billie smiled. She knew how Tom was trying to help. But she didn't feel like she could handle it. She looked to him. "I appreciate this. I honestly do," she said as she kissed his lips.

***

Billie and Tom went into work. Tom kissed her and walked off. Megan walked over. "Hey. Talk to me. What's going on?" She asked as she looked to her.

Billie shook her head. "I'm so scared. About having this baby. I just... I don't think I'll be a good mum. Not like you. And it scares me so much. I just... I feel as though things are going to be so hard for me," she mumbled.

Megan pulled her sister into an hug. She smiled. "It's okay to feel that way. You're only young. And you've been through so much. Id be the same. I was the same. But your instincts are amazing. So you'll be the best mummy to this baby," she told her.

"You think?"

"I know so. You're gonna be okay. I promise you 100%," Megan said as she pulled her into her arms and held her.

***

Billie was sitting in her classroom. She looked up as Tom walked in. He smiled to her. "I've been talking with Max and Rachel. We're gonna start your maternity leave from tomorrow."

"What? I'm not ready."

"I know. But you need rest and relaxation at this point," Tom said as he kissed her and walked off.

Not knowing how Billie was about to find herself struggling so much. Especially being on her own all day.