Thirty

Billie knew how close she was to having her baby. She knew that she was scared. Especially after all that had happened. She knew that she and Tom were trying to make it work.

She was worried that she wasn't going to be a good mum. She was doubting her abilities at being a mum. Tom had been there to reassure her that it was all going to be okay. That she was going to be a brilliant mum.

Billie had been spending time with Mia who had recently come out of the hospital since she had been premature. She was practicing at being a mum by looking after her niece.

Billie felt as though her whole life was changing. And while she was excited for it, she didn't know what to make of the changes. She was apprehensive that things were going to mess up for her. And she didn't know how to cope with it.

All she knew was things were completely and utterly confusing for her. And she wanted it to be simple.

Morning came all too quickly for her. She saw Tom sitting in bed and smiled. "Hey babe. So I've ordered the cot and a stroller for baby. They'll be delivered this weekend."

"We need to slow down. It's getting too much for me," Billie said as she looked to him.

Tom sighed. "I know it's not easy. But we are having a baby in less than two months. We don't have anything either. I'm just trying to be prepared," he told her.

"I know that. I'm just... I don't know. It feels so hard. And what if something happens and we lose this baby? I don't think I'd cope," Billie said.

Tom kissed her and smiled. "I promise you. Nothing is going to go wrong. I won't let you down," he told her.

***
Billie went into work. She smiled as she saw her sister there. She walked over. "Tom ordered our cot and the stroller today. I feel like he's doing it all at once which is overwhelming me," she told her.

Megan looked to her and smiled. "It has to get done babes. Look at what happened with Mia. I had her three months early and I had nothing. It's best to be prepared," she said.

Billie nodded. "I know that. I just... I feel like it's all getting too much. I want to be a mum so badly. But I'm scared at the same time. What if something goes wrong?" She asked.

"It will be fine. You're going to have a healthy baby and you're going to be the best mummy you can be. I see how you are with Mia.  And it gives me the best confidence to know that you're going to be brilliant with your own baby," she said.

***
Billie was sitting in her classroom. She looked up as Tom walked in. He smiled. "Hey. I've ordered some baby clothes. I had to get different sizes and whatnot."

Billie just nodded. Tom saw the look on her face and sighed. "I know you think I'm doing too much. But if the worse happens. And we do end up having the baby early, I want to be prepared," he said as he took her hand.

Billie nodded and sighed. "Okay."

Tom held her close and sighed. But he had no idea how she was about to struggle with her mental health.