Fifteen

Billie looked up as Megan walked in with baby Mia. She smiled. "How's my little niece?" She asked.

"Grouchy. She didn't settle well last night and now mummy is suffering. Don't suppose you wanna babysit while I have a hot bath? Max has been MIA since last night."

Billie nodded and took Mia from Megan. She smiled. "I'll paint her nails. Curl her hair," she joked.

***
Billie sat downstairs with Mia. She was stroking the little girls blonde hair. She couldn't stop thinking about her own baby that she lost. She sighed. "You would have been having a cousin in a few months MiMi. I was having a baby. But then, I messed everything up and I lost my little treasure," Billie whispered to the sleeping baby.

Billie didn't know that Claire had walked in. "You're good with her."

"She's a good baby," Billie said as she wrapped the blanket around the little girl."

Claire sighed. "You'll have a baby one day Bil. I know you will. You're going to be a good mummy when the time comes. But for now, get practice in by babysitting this little dot."

***
Billie had decided to go into town with Megan. Claire was babysitting. Megan smiled. "I feel like it's not doing you any good being around Mia's baby stuff knowing that you won't get your baby. So I've been talking to mum. And I'm going to move out"

Billie frowned. "No. You don't need to do that. Please. Mia is helping me. I love being around her. She's an amazing little girl. Please," she said.

Megan sighed. "I don't know babes. I just don't think it's helping you. I've seen how you look at her and i think, it should be you with the baby and not me," she told her.

Billie smiled. "Don't leave because of me. Please don't."

***
Billie was sitting outside when Tom walked up the garden path. She frowned. "I-I said I didn't want to see you again. Why are you here?" She asked.

Tom sighed. "I've got some stuff. Megan left it at my place when we were together. Thought she might want it back," he said.

Billie nodded. "She isn't here at the moment. She's taken Mia to see if she can locate Max."

"Can we talk? Please."

Billie shrugged. "Do we have anything to talk about? You made me choose between you and my sister. And that caused me to lose our baby," she told him.

Tom nodded. "I know. I'm an idiot. You don't know how much I detest myself for it," he said.

Billie felt a tear slip down her cheeks. She wiped them away quickly. "Don't do this to me. Please," she said.

Tom was crying too. Billie hadn't seen him cry. She felt her heart break. "I-I don't blame you. Not anymore. I'm just hurting still and I don't know how to get over this hurt," he said.

Tom took her hand and sighed. "Together. We can get through this. I promise you."

Billie looked at him and sighed. But could things ever be the same between them again?