Seventeen

Billie was sitting in her bedroom. She was trying to fight back the tears as she thought of her baby. She was missing it now more than ever.

Billie looked up as Megan walked in. She smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked as she looked at her.

Billie just nodded. She knew she couldn't lie to her sister. Not about what she was feeling. "I'm fine," she mumbled.

"No you're not. I know you Bil. I'm not stupid. Talk to me," Megan said.

Billie wiped away her tears. She sighed and looked at her. "I miss my baby," she sobbed.

Megan held her close as she cried. She felt so bad for her little sister. She sighed. "It's not helping with Mia being here either babes. You should have talked to me," she told her.

"I'm going to be okay. I just had to cry it out of my system."

Megan wasn't convinced. She didn't know how she could help Billie. But she knew that she had to help her. She couldn't let her suffer.

***
Billie went into work with Megan. Tom walked over to them. "Is everything okay?" He asked as he saw how down that Billie looked.

Billie nodded. "Yes. Everything is fine. I'm just tired," she said as she didn't look at him. She couldn't. "Megs. I'm going to the staffroom."

Tom was about to speak when Billie walked off. He looked at Megan. "Is she okay?" He asked.

"It's a long story. But I'm going to look after her. Don't worry," Megan said as she walked off after her sister.

Tom stood there just wanting to know what was wrong with Billie. He knew that the two sister's were keeping something from him. And he wasn't happy.

***
Tom walked into the staffroom. He saw Billie sitting in the corner drinking a coffee. "Talk to me. Please. I'm worried about you."

Billie looked at him. "Tom. I'm fine. I promise. I'm just due on in a couple days. So it's affecting my mood," she lied.

Tom nodded. He knew she was lying. But he couldn't call her out. She would deny that there was a problem.

***
Billie walked into her classroom. Her class was waiting for her. She sighed. "Just please keep the noise down. Because I can't handle it."

"Are you okay miss?" Sam asked as she looked at her.

Billie nodded. "Yeah. A headache. So please keep it quiet. I can't cope with the noise today," she said.

The class said nothing as Billie sat down. She told them what they had to do and they did it.

***
Tom and Megan were standing outside of her classroom. Tom looked at her. "Be honest with me. What's going on?"

"I think she's struggling. With the miscarriage. I don't think having Mia around is helping either. She's a reminder of what Billie lost and it's so sad," Megan said.

Tom sighed and nodded. He had a feeling that Billie was struggling with losing their baby. He looked at Megan. "I think it's best if Billie isn't around Mia for now. It's not helping at all."

"I said that."

Tom nodded. But in that moment, he had no idea how Billie was about to go down a dark path. But who would save her from the demons inside her head?