"You're beggin' me to go then makin' me stay Why do you hurt me so bad?"

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏Everyone gathered in the middle of the mall court

Everyone gathered in the middle of the mall court. You sat on the edge of one of the raised flower beds, between robin and Steve. 
"The mind flayer, It built this monster in Hawkins." Mike continued to explain to Hopper, Joyce and a Man with black curly hair. "To stop el and y/n, to kill them and pave a way into our world." He continued catching the others up. 
"And one almost killed el. That was just one tiny piece of it." 
"How big is this thing?" The man in the floral patterned shirt asked. Steve stood up from the ledge and started to pace around. 
"It's big." Jonathan murmured an answer. "Thirty feet at least."
"Yeah." Lucas complies. "It sorta destroyed your cabin." The boy with the camo bandana adds. Hopper sighs. "Sorry." Lucas apologizes. 
"Okay, so, just to be clear, this big fleshy spider thing that hurt el, and is after y/n. It's some kind of gigantic weapon?" Steve asks for clarification."
 Yes" Nancy simply said.
"But instead of, like, screws and metal the mind flayer made its weapon with melted people." He asks one more time.
"Yes, Exactly." You answer. 
"Yea ok." Steve murmurs in disbelief. "I. Yea. Just making sure." 
"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" The worried mom asks. 
"El beat the shit out of it, but, yea, it's still alive." Max answers.
"But if we close the gate again" Will starts to say. 
"We cut the brain off from the body-" Max continues to plan.
"And kill it." Lucas finishes off the sentence. "Theoretically."  
"Yoo-Hoo!" Everyone turns their heads to see a man in a white tank and blue shorts holding 2 pieces of paper in each hand while running towards the group. The man than signals you all to a table in the food court. You and robin separate from the group and go into the nearest bathroom. Robin Hops onto the bathroom counter as you take a paper towel from the dispenser and fold it into a square. You run the square under some water and hand it her.
"Thanks" She simply says.
"No problem" You say as a grin shows up om your face. You do another makeshift cold compress for yourself and hop onto the counter next to robin. "What did they do to you?" You question when you see robin put the compress on a bruise. 
"I don't remember too much. But there were Russians and there was a gate. One moment I'm in a chair tied together with Steve and the next I'm watching back to the future." She answers taking the compress and putting it onto her cut.
"Sounds very eventful." You say trying to bring the best out of the situation.
"You think. So you and Harrington?" She asks very confused on the fact how one moment you hate each other and the next you all are lovey dovey.
"It's nothing. I don't know why it's just different. There's a different energy about him then I remember." You confess.
"Maybe because he's changed." Robin blurts out. You turn your head towards the girl. "I totally thought he was the god awful air headed Harrington he used to be. But he's different now he's sweet, and trusting. I feel safe around him. And that's weird for me to say because I hated his guts not to long ago."
"Yea." Is all you can simply say in response. 
" I say you should give him a shot. I mean just talk to him maybe it's totally worth it." You smile at robin. 
"Thanks rob." You hug robin. This is what you needed. Just that extra push. The bathroom door opens causing you and robin to break the hug.
"Come on you two, we gotta go." A familiar masculine voice says. You look up to the man who appears to be Steve. Robin winks at you before you both you and robin hop off the counter and start to leave the mall. You, Steve, Erica, Dustin and robin leave the mall in an urgent pace.
"Oh, man, Now this, This is what I'm talking about." Steve blurts out as he walks to the car
"Todd father?" Robin questions as she looks at the license plate
"Oh, screw Todd! Steve's her daddy now." Steve says referring to himself in the third person. You scrunch your nose up at the statement. 
"Did you just reefer to yourself as daddy?" You say in disgust. You hop in the passenger's seat as the other hop into the back seats. 
"Did you just talk about yourself in the third person..." robin adds. Steve gets into the drivers seat and turns on the engine.
"All right, where are we going?" Steve asks Dustin.
"Weathertop." Dustin simply said.
"Weather what?" Steve questions.
"Just drive." Dustin says in a hurry.
"Okay. Jesus!" Steve replies as he backs out the parking lot  swiftly.
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
You guys were driving down a narrow road. The air was humid and you listen to a mixture of fireworks sounding in the back and Erica, Dustin and robin chatting from the backseat.
"So." Steve starts causing you to turn your head towards the man. It was silent for a while.
"Oh. Yea earlier." You reply. Steve starts to tap on the wheel. "Hey, I'm sorry." He glances out you for a bit.
"Why?" He asks in a melancholy tone.
"I mean. One moment I hate your guts and I act like I do and then the next I'm hugging and cuddling with you. It's so many mixed signals and I'm so so sorry." You look down into your lap with guilt.
"Hey look at me." Steve says lightening his foot on the petal causing the car to slow down. He turns your face to you. "Don't be sorry. I was gonna ask about the same thing." Steve turns back facing the road and more silence comes over the front seat of the car. "Robin says alot about you." You turn your head back to Steve. 
"Oh, Yeah" You say with a smirk.
"Yeah, your not as much as a evil airheaded cheerleader than I thought." Steve says jokingly. Your lips press into a small grin as you let out a little laugh.
"You're not to bad yourself Harrington." You say in response. A more comfortable silence swarms over the rest of the car. It's been over 5 minutes or silence still on the narrow road
"Jesus how far is this place, man?" Steve says finally breaking the silence.
"Relax, we're almost there." Dustin replies. Calming the man with the bruised eye down.
"Suzie must be pretty special, huh?" Robin questions. "I mean if you built this thing and lugged it all  the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her?"
"I mean , nobody's scientifically perfect. But Suzie's about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be." Dustin says to robin.
"Hm? Suzie huh. I Guess I have to strive to be like her." You murmur out keeping note. 
"She sound made up to me." Erica says in disbelief. "She sound made up to you?" Steve was about to say something but then he shut his mouth preventing any backlash.
"Why are you hesitating, Steve?" Dustin questions the man in the seat before him.
"I'm. I'm. I'm not! I'm not!" Steve stutters out. You giggle at the mans stupidity. "I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real." 
"Very believable Steve. Very believable." You tease. The man sighs.
"Left. Turn left." Dustin instructs Steve. The man proceeds to keep the wheel straight.
"There's not a road there." Steve says in response.
"Turn left now!" The boy with the curly hair shouts causing Steve to turn the wheel aggressively.
"Jesus, Hang on." He says as the car speeds up. He instinctively puts your hand on your thigh. He quickly pulls his hand back up onto the wheel and continues to drive. "Whoa! Henderson, Where are we going?!" Steve shouts. 
"Up!" He shouts back. The car goes up the steep mountain.
"I don't think we're gonna make it." robin says from the back seat.
"Yes, we are. Come on, baby. Come on, baby!" He yells as the car moves slower and slower. The car gets stuck in some mud as the engine keeps starting to go. "Come on. Come on" He grunts.
"Guess the Toddfather has it's limitations." Robin blurts causing Steve to give up. Steve turns off the engine signaling everyone to get out. You guys walk up the hill to the radio circuit. Dustin sits by it and turns the dials. You all sit around him for a bit before robin stands up and walks over a bit. Steve following shortly behind. You and Dustin get up and see what is distracting them. Lights flickered in the distance. You all run back to the radio set up. Dustin grabs the walkie talkies.
"Griswold Family, This is scoops troop! Do you copy? Over!" Dustin says urgently. The boy repeats this statement once over. You guys hear a roar into radio. "Griswold Family, This is scoops troop! Please confirm your safety." He repeats again. "Are you en route to bald eagle's nest." Dustin repeats one more time. Steve runs off into the distance.
"Steve?!" You yell out to him following shortly behind. 
"Where are you going?!" Erica yells.
"To get them the hell outta there!" He says as he runs back. "Stay here, Contact the others!" 
"Like hell I am. I'm coming with." You say running along with Steve. 
"Shit" You hear robin say as she runs with you guys. You all hop in the car and drive back towards the mall. 
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
You hear bullets hit against glass as you guys enter the lot. Billy's car was rushing towards the others. 
"Hold on." Steve says revving the engine. He places his hand on your thigh and squeezes it as he goes full speed into the other car saving The others. The other car flies across the lot as your necks nearly snap by the speed. Everyone in the car starts to pant. You lift up out of your seat and Steve follows. The car Billy sat in started to flame up.
"Oh shit." Robin says spotting the monster ontop of the mall. The monster walks towards the group. You hear a honk. You all turn to towards the noise.
"Get in!" Nancy shouts. Steve and robin get out of the car and you follow with. While the two start to get into the trunk of the other car you stay in the parking lot.
"Y/n?" Steve turns to you.
"I'm Gonna hold my ground and distract it a bit." You say. Steve gives you a disapproving look. He walks towards you. "I'll be fine I promise."
"If anything happens to you-" He starts to say before you cut him off.
"Nothing will happen, okay?" You convince him. At this point you could feel his breath on your face. You lean in and kiss his cheek. You walk away as Steve gets into the back of the car. When you turn back to wave goodbye the car was already gone. Leaving you alone in the parking lot with billy...

A/N- Short chapter lolsies. I hope you guys enjoy the Steve and y/n stuff >:)