"bad dreams at night. They told me i would lose the fight."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏You guys had been on the road for a while in silence before you decide to speak up

You guys had been on the road for a while in silence before you decide to speak up.
"How's it handle? I Know its not your usual sports car." You ask Steve referring to the wheel.
"Not bad, Considering that this is a house." Steve replies. You smile and nod at this comment. "Yeah, it's. It's silly but I. I've actually. I always had this dream that I'd have this really. really big family. I'm talking like, uh, a full brood of Harringtons. Like 5, 6 kids."
"Six?!" You reply astonished.
"Yeah. Six little nuggets. Three girls. Three boys. and and every summer. I figured all of us Harringtons, we would pack into something like this and just see the country. You know, the Rockies, grand canyon, maybe yellow stone End up in some beachside town in California. Spend a week parked in the sand. Learn how to surf of something." Steve continued as you look at him in awe. 1 year ago you would've never thought you would feel this way about Steve.
"That sounds nice." You respond with a small smile on your face. Steve looks over at you for a split second before looking back at the road.
"Yeah." Steve simply responds.
"Yeah." You say back with a brighter smile. You stare at the man for a bit before you awkwardly speak up. "Well, uh. Except the 6 kid part. That sounds like a total nightmare."
"If only I had some practice." Steve says sarcastically pointing at the people in the back. You nod your head and giggle a bit.
"All right. Fair. That's fair." You respond before looking down into your lap, smiling slightly. After a while longer of driving you guys arrived at the war zone. You, erica, Robin, Steve, max and Nancy walk in with purpose.
"So much for avoiding angry hicks." Robin comments.
"Let's be. Fast." Nancy says.
"Yep definitely." Erica adds as you and Nancy start to B line to the gun section. You pick up a small pistol in one corner while Nancy goes to the other and picks up a larger gun.
"How much is this?" You hear Nancy say from one corner
"120.99 but I'll throw in 2- rounds of buckshot for ya." The man behind the counter replies to Nancy. You walk closer to her and ask the same man behind the counter of the price of the pistol in your hand as Jason walks up to the counter.
"Hey, can I see this real pretty .357 please?" You hear the man's voice from the corner. You glance at him before turning back to Nancy. Your body stiffens up as he notices you.
"Well if it isn't Y/n Sinclair." You turn your body towards him. You are slightly surprised the man hadn't noticed the girl standing to your right. "Wouldn't expect to find you here."
"I guess I'm just unpredictable." You reply to the man. "I'm sorry about Chrissy."
"Have you by any chance seen your brother around." Jason says ignoring your statement.
"Why do you ask?" You respond acting stupid.
"Is he here with you by chance?"
"Lucas?" You respond
"Yeah. Lucas"
"Do you ever let go?" You say back referring to more than just this moment.
"She said let go." Nancy says as she walks up beside you. After an uncomfortable silence Jason let's go. You and Nancy meet up at the counter with the other 4 and buy all the supplies before getting back to the trailer.
"What happened?" Lucas says as yall enter through the door.
"We gotta g0."Steve replies.
"Your old friends are here." You say towards your little brother.
"Shit." Dustin murmurs under his breath.
"Let's go! Let's go!" Eddie yells at Steve.
"I'm going. I'm going. Sit down." Steve says as he pushes on the gas and drives away. After a while of driving you all pull over to the side of the road. You all grab supplies and start to leave the trailer. You sit with robin and Steve as you guys it together make shift bombs.
"It just doesn't make sense." Steve states.
"What doesn't make sense." You question.
"That was Dan Shelter. He graduated, like two years ago." Steve says back.
"So?" Robin questions.
"So he's in college. Which means he was visiting on spring break. Fast times was returned, like I don't know a week ago. Right? Unless she's got some horn dog brother we don't know about. Which is possible. Or she's just really into judge reinhold?" Steve continues
"Steve!" Robin says slightly embarrassed.
"What?" He questions.
"I don't care." Robin replies "and I don't understand why you do either with everything that's going on. Honestly, this feels like the perfect time for that little pull of the rug because in the face of the world ending, the stakes of my love life feels spectacularly low."
"Robin." You murmur as Steve hands robin a bottle with a rag through the cap.
"Not every thing has a happy ending." Robin replies.
"Yeah. Believe me I know." You say back. You hold up a bottle as Steve holds the funnel and robin dumps in oil.
"I'm not talking about failed romance or past trauma." Robin says. "I just, I have this terrible gnawing feeling that it might not work out for us this time."
"You think we shouldn't be doing this?" Steve questions.
"I think we're mad fools, the lot of us." Robin states.
"But if we don't stop him who will." You add on
"We have to try right." Robin asks.
"Yeah." You and Steve say at the same time.
"To killing vecna." Steve says as he hold up a bottle.
"Slash Henry." You say pulling a bottle from behind you and holding it up.
"Slash 1." Robin says holding up one last bottle. You all clink them together
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
You all drove in silence. Everybody in the outfits they were bound to fight in. Robin and Steve in matching Barrett style hats. Eddie in a bandanna, Dustin in chain mail sleves. You were wearing a red crown like thing on your head and have a red like cap attached to your hip. The pressure of what you all were about to do was getting to your heads. The trailer stopped I'm front of the creel house where you all had dropped off Max, Lucas and Erica. You all proceed to drive back to the trailer park we're you had all planned to enter the upside down. You all arrived at this spot as Nancy stood up from her seat.
"Okay, I'll go through it one more time." Nancy starts. "Phase one."
"we meet erica at the playground" Robin responds "she'll signal max and Lucas when we're ready."
"Phase 2." Nancy says.
"Max baits vecna, he'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance" Steve elaborates.
"Phase 3?" Nancy says.
"Me, Eddie and Dustin will draw the bats away." You explain.
"Four." Nancy lists.
"We head into vecnas newly bat free lair and flambé." Robin adds.
"Nobody moves onto the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan no matter what. Got it?" The girl with the curly hair instructs.
"Got it!" You all say as you one by 1 exit the trailer. The 6 of you sneak past a few trees and into the park. You all get into the trailer and stand under the gate.
"Be careful." Dustin warns Steve before he climbs up the top and into the upside down without flaw. He looks up through the gate and wails his hands before grabbing a mattress to put down on the other side.
"Woahhh. What does he want us to do, applaud." Robin said with sarcasm.
"All right, let's go!" Steve says as you stand on robins knee as a head start. You climb all the way up and fall through onto the mattress. "Gotcha." Steve murmurs as he grabs your hand and lifts you up. You two look each other in the eye for a while. You can feel his breath onto your face. You move away swiftly so everyone can throw down their supplies. After that everyone else fell through the hole and you all walked out the trailer. Steve pulls you aside to talk.
"Hey, you know you don't have to do this. If you ever feel unsafe or like he's gonna come after you abort-" Steve starts to say before you cut him off.
"I'll be fine Steve. I can fight him. Just be safe okay?"
"Yeah." Steve responds. You slowly lean in a kiss him before he kisses back. You two walk over to the group.
"And you two, listen." Steve says as he turns around. "If things here start to go south, I mean at all you abort. Okay? Draw the attention away from the bats keep 'em busy for a minute or two and we'll take care of vecna.  Don't try to be cute or a hero or something. Okay. You guys are just-"
"Decoys." Dustin cuts in. "Don't worry. You can be the hero Steve."
"Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not hero's." Eddie adds. Steve turns around and starts to walk away.
"Steve wait." You yell out after him. The man turns back towards you. "Just in case anything happens. Just know. I love you." You choke on those last 3 words. Steve starts to walk towards you again and gives you a big kiss. You kiss back. Then you give him a huge hug.
"I love you too." He whispers in your ear before you two break the hug and Steve walks away.
"Oooooooo." Eddie says teasing you as you guys walk to grab supplies.
"I'm guessing Steve finally gets the girl." Dustin says joining in.
"Well, well. It's not that big of a deal." You say brushing it off. Trying to hid the evident blush on your face. The 3 of you walk towards a metal fence and tug at it causing the parts to come off. You all bring it to the trailer and set it down. You and Dustin did this a few times as Eddie began stick them onto the sides of the trailer. After a while of doing the same thing the 3 of you looked back and saw the work you had done.
"Not bad!" You raise your hands out as they give you high fives.
"Not bad at all." Dustin responds. You 3 make eye contact and start to laugh.
"Now for the fun part." Eddie says with a devious smirk on his face.

A/n- short chapter. Next chapter will make up for it.