Chapter 19: Breaking and Entering

(At what remains of Arkham, a ring door opens at the gates and Harley, Catwoman, Black Cat and Sonic exit. Harley can't help but smile. Sonic remains sour but alert.)

Catwoman: This way.

(Suddenly, a purple mist appears and blankets the four.)

Sonic: Pheronones!

(Harley starts to feel sick.)

Black Cat: Harley? You okay?

(Harley staggers in a daze away from Black Cat... and right into the arms of Poison Ivy.)

Poison Ivy: (strokes Harley's face) Sweet, sweet Harley. This time. you'll be a good girl for Mama.

Harley: Hey, kiddies! Let's play "Eeny Meeny Miney MURDER!"

Black Cat: Harley needs a girl talk.

(Sonic nods and dashes at Poison Ivy.)

Harley: Hisssss! Cat fight!

Black Cat: Sorry, Harley. I'll try not to leave a scar.

(Both ladies are quite agile, though Harley prefers more...lethal methods of offense. Black Cat uses her guile to counter Harley's ruthlessness and knocks her out.)

Black Cat: Ivy sure did a number on you.

(Suddenly, Sonic is tossed next to Black Cat by Ivy.)

Sonic: (stands) Selina's girlfriend is a real man-eater.

(Ivy comes in riding her vines.)

Poison Ivy: Arkham gave us so many memories, Selina. Bewitching guards, late night poker... mandatory shock therapy. Oh, that's right. YOU were spared thanks to your billionaire boy-toy.

Catwoman: I didn't ASK for special treatment.

Sonic: To hell with this pity party!

Poison Ivy: You're just dying to hurt me, aren't you, rodent? It won't bring back what you lost. Especially BELOW the waist. (Sonic goes to charge Ivy but Catwoman holds him back as Harley starts to moan and writhe in her sleep) Poor Harley smelled the wrong roses and, now, she's going into shock. Bye-bye, Baby Doll.

(Sonic streches his gloves...but Catwoman and Black Cat are concerned about Harley.)

Black Cat: We can't just leave her!

(Catwoman picks up Harley's body and moves her aside)

Sonic: (angry) I'm gonna mow you down with sonic speed!

Poison Ivy: Oh, Sonic, we don't have to fight. Let's kiss and make-up.

(Sonic ain't falling for that; he KNOWS Ivy's lips are lethally toxic. It's a battle of chaos energy vs. nature... and, much like in real-life, chaos wins: Ivy isn't exactly mulch... but she's not far FROM it once it's over.)

Sonic: I prefer women who AREN'T insane!

(Sonic joins Catwoman and Black Cat, who are checking up on Harley.Catwoman checks Harley's jugular for a pulse. Sonic just stands over them.)

Catwoman: You got a defibrillator in there?

Sonic: Yeah, but...

Sonic: Use it!!

(Sonic doesn't want to revive someone he despises...but, knowing he'll catch hell from Batman, Lightning and Kamen Rider Ghost if he doesn't, he activates defibrillators in his hands and shocks Harley three times.)

Catwoman: Harley?

(Harley moves ever-so-slightly and moans... as if in PLEASURE.)

Harley: Again...again...