The Tension

Craig's POV
————————

"Anything else you need from the store?" I asked looking back at Clyde and Tweek.

"Nah I think the list I gave you has everything." Clyde replied smiling.

"You sure about going alone? I can come if you want me to." Tweek said twiddling his thumb.

"Only if you want to Tweekers."

"Well but like do you want me to come-"

"But I don't want to make you if you don't want to."

"But If you want me-"

"Just go with him Tweek." Clyde interjected looking annoyed.

"You sure you'll be fine?" I asked tilting my head.

"Yeah Wendy's here I'll be good."

Tweek quickly popped on his crocs walking over to me.

"Jesus fuckin I can't with your crocs-" I said trying hard not to laugh.

"Shut up Craig." He said playfully as we walked out to my car.

"God I'm glad Clyde is feeling better." Tweek said as he got into the passenger side.

"Me too, I was pretty worried."

"He's never been in a break up before?"

"He's never been a serious break up before." I replied hopping in.

"Him and Bebe weren't serious?" Tweek asked.

"Fuck no you kidding?" I said starting up the car. "Bebe was more upset about it than Clyde truthfully."

"Really?"

"Yeah Tweekers. They were pretty into each other but it burned out quickly. Two totally different people. Which is weird because it always seemed Clyde and Wendy would be annoyed of eachother because they're two different people, yknow?"

"Yeah and look where they're at now-"

"I know it's some crazy stuff honestly."

We made our way to the store humming along to the radio. Everything feels more different. And don't even get me started on the tension.

South Park is a small place. Everyone knows everyone's shit. So the whole school knows what happened between Clyde and Token. The rumors have been started and the questions come.

Every day it feels like I get asked at least 3 times 'what happened between Clyde and Token?' The reality is, everyone knows they just want to confirm or spread it around. It's awful.

"Have you talked to Token?" Tweek asked looking out of the window.

"..No have you?"

"No way. I wouldn't even know what to say."

"I wouldn't want to say anything I'll regret." I said furrowing my brows a bit.

"You know, I know the situation doesn't necessarily have you in it, but yo-you're entitled to your feelings." Tweek said nervously squeezing my hand lightly.

I felt my face get slightly hotter. Fuck- that's cute-

"I guess? I don't know it's just weird and it's somehow worst than what was originally going on you know?"

"Yeah the tension is thick at school it's hard not to have an anxiety attack-"

I sighed as we parked in the lot to the store.

"Do you think he'll start dating Nicole?"

"I'll literally be sick if they do date-"

"Fair enough-"