Amakou Fake Date

Relationships are super hard, especially to dream about. And piling lies upon lies to yourself is harder. Thinking "I don't have a crush! No way!". But Kou Minamoto accidentally left his tongue slip when he lies that he had a boyfriend, and with no one else to go to, to help aid him with his fictional love story. Kou Minamoto was left with only one option. 

"Oops.." Kou gasped as the glass before him broke, stupid chemicals.

"Jeez, Kou! You could have gotten hurt, what's with you today?" Amane scolded as he ran over to Kou's side. They were doing chemistry in science that day.

"Sorry, I'm just nervous.."

"About what?" 

"Oh just things." Kou lied as he stirred the next chemistry practical, this was hopefully not going to explode.

"You can tell me, if you want." Amane offered.

"Really?!" Kou chipped in, quickly looking over at Amane with a hopeful expression.

Amane shrugged. He hated seeing the guy he loved so much upset. And yes, I said love. Amane Yugi was head over heels for his best mate, but Kou didn't know. He would never know. Hopefully, at least.

"..I gotta ask you something SUPER DUPER important.." Kou mumbled, stirring even slower.

"Liiiiiiike..?" Amane trilled.

"Well, it's embarrassing to ask, but would you be my boyfriend?" Kou asked. His tone was nonchalant but his face burned bright red.

Amane went silent. Everything went silent. The echo of Amane dropping his highly dangerous test tube was silent. All the other sounds of clanking beakers and flasks drowned out as Amane drowned in happiness. Was this a dream? Was this heaven? Because Amane was definitely on Cloud 9 at the moment. 

"..Really..?" Amane responded, his voice sincere. 

"Is that a yes!?" Kou cheered.

"Yeah!" Amane smiled, his stomach bubbling with excitement. Was this really happening?

"Thank you so much, Amane!! This is gonna clear up so many misunderstandings.." Kou sighed in relief, he leaned over the table and stretched.

What?

Huh?

Misunderstandings? What was Kou saying? Did he not just confess? Or was Amane the one who was misunderstanding things..? 

Amane stared at Kou in confusion, and Kou just innocently blinked back.

"What's with that look?" he questioned.

"Wait, what do you mean misunderstandings?" Amane queried, stepping a bit back from Kou.

"Oh right.. well Yokoo asked if I was dating anyone.. and that's when it hit me. I don't have a love life! So I lied and said I was datinggg... you?" Kou admitted honestly. It did seem a bit unfair to use Amane like this, but they were best friends so everything was okay, right? (Not.. don't ever do that.)

"Oh, yeah! Haha! I thought it was for a different situation, didn't know it was a misunderstanding." Amane fibbed. 

Kou had obviously just blurted out the first thing to Yokoo that he thought and didn't think about the situation. How typical.. He was used to it, but it still hurt a bit of course.

"Well don't put my name in your dumb state of dumb affairs again, fool!" Amane yelled as he flicked Kou's forehead.

"Haha, sorry!" Kou laughed. "Well you're free after school, right?" 

"Seems I have nothing better to do, what's up?" 

"Let's go on a date."

~~~