Ghosts and Humans

A human can be easily defined. To common folk a human is anyone who stands on two feet, has two eyes and ears, a nose a mouth, 10 fingers and 10 toes, feels pain and laughter. Can bleed and sweat, can punch and kick.

So how could that be different to a ghost? Ghosts may look severed, or a little odd, but the majority of their feathers are humane. What could possibly be the difference?

Well I'm sure we all know. They are dead. They no longer have mortal flesh, and rely on the terror of others to stay intact. Yes, once a name, a face, a title is forgotten.. the ghost dies. No one could possibly remember them ever again.

Living or dead, there is only one fate. Eternal destruction.

So how could a human with averagely good vision define a shadow, or a figure. Anyone could mistake a shadow for a coat hanger, but what about a ghost from a human?

Well, humans... they have body warmth.

Humans are warm, even when they feel cold (literally and metaphorically), they are still warm. They shiver to maintain body heat, and sweat to excrete it.

Ghosts however are only cold. Their fingers, their hair, their breath, it's icy. Like a thousand knives piercing your body in the darkest, saddest pits of the ocean.. you freeze. No, you don't freeze out of fear when encountering the pale mist of a ghost.

You freeze out of your mind, your temperature. They are so cold, and so eerie.. it's horrific.

That is how you differentiate a ghost from a human.

Sure, Amane Yugi and Hanako-san may look similar. Yet, they are two different people now. And both await their destruction, ultimate perish.

The moment the blade jabbed into Amane's chest, cutting through the flesh like a scalpel. It dug deep as muscle, ligaments, joints.. they all fell out. Like a pressurised soda can, it burst out. Akin to his building anxiety in life, and sadness towards human love.. he burst. He broke.

And died with the stains of misery, execution, assassination and torture.

No matter if you're human, or a ghost, you will always be evil to someone.