Kou and Teru | Fighting

He sees Amane run down an escalator and away, and he can't help but sigh. If only brothers didn't ruin everything...

"Don't walk away from me, Kou!" Teru grimaces, walking after him. Although they both know Kou won't be getting away from him so easily.

"I'm walking HOME! Is that so bad?!" Kou grunts, trying to pick up his pace but Teru grabs a tight hold on his lower arm.

"We're getting the train from the station below," Teru explains, rejecting his offer. Kou hates when he orders him around.

And so the two walked to the station, Kou growing more embarrassed as he notices people from school. And usually they only look at Teru, but he knows there are eyes on him too.

"Do you have to attract so much attention wherever we go..?! God, I hate how you were born like this!" Kou whines, clutching his bag tightly and groaning.

"I hate how you're too innocent to notice the evil in people, Kou."

"I hate the fact that you have no trust, friends, or a sense of childhood anymore!"

"My childhood was taken away from me by our greedy father, do I look like I have any choice?!"

Kou scoffs, and pulls away from his grip in one pull. Teru tries to grab at him again, but he notices he's just getting his train card.

And so Teru, aggravated, does the same.

And then they wait, in silence. Although the tensions are high, and Kou worries about Amane. He would love to text him right now, but he knows his nosy brother would snatch the phone from his grasp and snoop around.

They get on the train. It's slightly crowded, which is perfect for both of them. Kou can hide in it, but Teru could pin him against a seat.

They've done that a lot, when they were children. Sitting with their mother as they all go shopping together. Kou and Teru holding hands on the train, and helping their mother carry groceries.

Where did the time go?

"Sit down," Teru orders, glancing towards the free seat. And Kou, hastily, sits down and sighs exaggeratedly.

"Don't stand in front of me, you stink of cologne."

"At least I can smell good."

"Like a fucking chemical plant."

"Language," Teru knees him gently, but Kou doesn't even care.

Teru holds onto the railing above, and tries to look anywhere but his brother. He wants to see his expression, see his guilty face. Wonder what he's thinking.

Kou isn't having a hard time at least, he's glaring at the ground further away, sniffing every once in a while. Allergies.

Or maybe he's just upset, Teru doesn't know.

Once they arrive at the station, they exit wearily. Kou still walking out in front as Teru observes from behind.

Like when they were kids...

Kou would run around, and Teru would laugh and watch from behind. Linking arms with his mother, they laugh as Kou trips or talks to cats nearby.

Teru was always feeling mature compared to his brother, maybe that's why he likes him so much. Someone to look down on, in a sense... but he adored the praise from their mama.

The sun has nearly set, and the sky is a dark blue with an edge of orange in the sky. Clouds are coloured a mix of blue and yellow, and the street lights flicker.

They make it to their house, and Kou jams the key into the door. Pushing the door open, they notice Tiara and Akane sitting on the couch. The lighting is warm, and the house seems nostalgic.

"Teru-niichan!" Tiara smiles, jumping off the couch and running up to her brother. Kou has disappeared and Akane looks at Teru pitifully.

"Thanks for picking her up, Aoi." Teru smiles, giving him a look that says 'leave, you filthy apparition.'

"Didn't want to be here anyway.. my heart feels a little shocked every breath. Bye."

Akane leaves, and Teru draws his attention to Tiara. They sit on the couch, her cuddled up on his lap as Teru reads a book for his Literature class, and Tiara plays on her iPad.

The house is pretty silent. The bath runs upstairs, and Tiara's Cocomelon videos blast.

Teru hears Kou come downstairs, but before he has the courage to speak up... he notices he's on the phone. Talking with Amane, probably.