Hanako has to babysit

"What will I do with you two..?!" Hanako sighed, putting his hands on his hips and looking down at the two children at his feet. He smiles a bit, yet a little uncomfortable.

"Hababobun!" the little girl smiled, pulling at the bottom of Hanako's pants. She was giggling and laughing on her back, kicking the air.

And the boy sitting with his legs crossed on the ground was pouting and glaring at Hanako. Muttering incoherent bullshit under his breath.

"What a cute little girl!" Hanako cheered, picking Yashiro up into his arms, she babbled and laughed.

"How old are you?" he asked, the girl pausing for a moment. She quickly counted on her fingers.

"5!" she smiles, as Hanako blushes in her cuteness. He completely forgets that Kou is there, until suddenly there's a foot at his groin.

"PUT HER DOWN, SUPERNATURAL!" Kou grits out, as Hanako winces, kneeling over a little.

Kou grabs Yashiro's side and tries to pull her out of his arms. Hanako resists for a bit, but with another kick from Kou, she's in his arms.

"GHOST! GHOST!!" Kou yells, making Yashiro cry. And when Yashiro cries.. it makes Kou feel a bit awkward.

"Ah.. uhm.." Kou mutters, looking around. Yashiro is pushing his face, and trying to wriggle out of his grip. He isn't even holding her properly.

"Kid!! Don't hold her like that!!" Hanako yells, trying to take her back. But he hesistates, just as awkward as Kou.. but now Kou is...

Crying. He's holding Nene tight and whimpering under his breath. It shocks Hanako, who doesn't really know what to do...

Until he gets on his knees, and straight at Kou. Getting on kids level is the easiest way, he knows.. yes, he used to play with little kids at the park.. when he looked happy and welcoming enough.

Yes he remembers it clearly. A little boy previously wearing a cap, he was crying as a group of maybe 4-6 kids left the playground. It was maybe 5pm, and the children should have been returning home by now.

The cap he was wearing, stuck in a tree. Amane tried to talk to the boy but he kept on babbling about his hat.

Amane tried to climb the tree, and successfully got the cap back to the kid. Walking home, Amane had scratches all over his back, knees, arms and legs.

Crying kids were annoying, but Amane could relate to the boy.. yes.

"Kid.. you can give her to me?" Hanako smiled, as Kou stifled his sobs and sniffed. He frowned and pulled Nene closer, but Hanako just shuffled closer too.

"No! You're going to kill us!!" Kou growls, pulling Nene even closer. She's crying louder, and it's startling Kou. Hanako realised that he probably doesn't have his little sister at his age right now.. so he doesn't know how to hold kids.

"Oh jeez, give her here.." Hanako pushes Kou down forcefully.

He's shocked but can't do anything, and just tries to resist but eventually lets go. Nene feels safer in Hanako's arms, and he sighs of relief.

Until Kou starts screaming and crying and whining on the floor. God, he's such a child.

And Nene's crying again too, and Hanako wishes he could just redo this whole conversation.