Sumire and Hakubo | Getting a reaction

Maybe it's an Oni thing. Like how humans love to talk about themselves. But this was different.. from the amount of Oni's shes seen, well no, Sumire hasn't seen any others.. but from all the books she has read, Onis seem to have aggressive and evil expressions. But Hakubo, he didn't change. Maybe he never changed since then.

"Welcome back." Sumire calmly welcomed, as she opened the temple's entrance door for him. 

They were in No.6's boundary, a beautiful flower temple. Spirits of other realms often float through, however they never dared to cause a ruckus in the presence of Hakubo. Sumire however, likes to tease him. And one of her favourite ways to do so.. is by leaving the beautiful temple. Although it never gets a reaction out of him, today she was determined to end that.

You see, Hakubo is really protective of her. "Not because I want to," he would say. "Because your ol' folks just told me to. Tradition." but Sumire didn't believe that. 

So, every once and awhile, when Hakubo isn't around (usually at a School Mystery Meeting) she'll gracefully wander through the bridges and arches of the boundary, and make it to the elevator. Of course, most of the time she is caught.. the little one-eyed pale creatures notify Hakubo before she can even press the elevator buttons.. but this time was different.

This was perhaps her 4th time making out of the boundary. 2:34am. Some event was happening in another boundary. A small summer festival. 

~~~

"Don'tcha wanna come along?" Hakubo asked, flipping through pages of a large supernatural-magazine. 

"No, no thank you." Sumire politely replied. This was odd of her.. usually she would be jumping for joy with even the idea of going somewhere.

"Why not? Don't tell me your sick or somethin'?" Hakubo asked, raising a suspicious eyebrow.

"Of course I'm not sick. Sick of you worrying. Let me finish my book." Sumire lied. 

1. She wasn't sick of his worrying, but he didn't want to him to question tonights actions too much. 

2. She definitely wasn't finishing any book. No, she was finishing her super-ultimate-magnificent-infallible-reliable-enterprise. Or 'S.U.M.I.R.E." for short.

"Whatever, that selfish prick of a boss asked me and the other mystery's to go to some dumb festival. So I'll be gone for 15 minutes max." Hakubo responded, flipping a page.

"Have fun~" Sumire smiled as she waved her beloved 'husband' goodbye. 

He slammed the doors behind him as he made his way to the elevator. Through the arches, over the bridges, he eventually decided to just jump across the temple's roofs and landed (surprisingly) delicately at the main door. As he opened it, another door opened.. the main temple's door.. Sumire's plan had commenced and she was ready to go. She followed his path ever so slowly, occasionally taking the back alleys when a spirit floated by.

By the time Hakubo was completely gone, Sumire had made it to the main doors. As she carefully creaked them open, she was greeted by a dark looming mob.

"EH!?" Sumire squealed. She was so surprised that she slammed the door on it... and a few hundred Mokke's came spilling out. Sumire took a sigh of relief and continued through the blank, seemingly endless, atmosphere..

As she reached the elevator.. she pressed the correct numbers. 5-2-6-6-6-3-7. And soon enough, she was sent off again to Kamome Academy, where she would be roaming the halls as usual. Sure, it sounded super boring, but when you are usually trapped in one place your whole life you would do anything to go anywhere else. Even for a second.