Teru and Kou angst because I LOVE THEM SM

Teru and Kou used to be the best of buds. Throughout primary school, they would always walk home together. Always. But once Kou turned 11 and realised there was more to the world than his brother, he started walking home alone.

The first time it happened, Kou's classmates questioned him about it. Kou interpreted it as a shameful thing, and brushed it off. 'He just loves me too much' he would say. Even though it was definitely not one sided.

Teru waited at the gate for his brother, but after 15 minutes no one came. He decided to check on Kou's classroom, nothing.. His locker, nothing.. The bathroom, bingo! Kou hid there and expected him to go home, although Teru knew better than to leave his dear sibling behind.

'I just.. was washing off this scrape on my knee.' Kou lied, funny how easy they come out?

They walked home together after that.

The second time, Kou tried to hide in a group of his friends. If he could mix in with them, Teru would never notice. But he underestimated his brother's senses.. if Teru was good at one thing besides exorcism, it was seeing through his brother and his schemes. Today was no different, and he could pick Kou right out of a crowd. But this caused some suspicion to stur..

'What are you doing, Kou?!'

'Uh.. they eagered me to come along. Sorry for not asking.. first.'

And then the third time, Kou was determined to get through that day. He would walk straight past his brother and rush home as quickly as he could.. but Teru caught up to him of course.

'Why'd you leave me behind?' Teru quiered, grabbing Kou's bag and pulling him backwards.

'I didn't see you.. so I left.' Kou lied, seriously why was it as easy as breathing?

'Lies, do you not want to walk home with me anymore?' Teru stated, he could be awfully blunt sometimes.

Kou said nothing, but his expression told the whole story. His face turned an ashamed shade of scarlet which made Teru sigh of disappointment and fear. Kou quickly took of his bag, then took off running too. Teru picked up the bag and ran after him.

'Woa- hey! Where do you think you're going?!' Teru argued.

They both ran and ran, down the street, throughout the park and along the little path that ran next to the train line. Kou didn't know why he started to run.. maybe out of embarrassment? Suddenly, Kou tripped over and banged his chin on the gravel below.. 

Teru wasn't too far behind and stopped just in front of his brother. The look on his face showed it all. Disappointment, shame and guilt. He knew he couldn't cling to his little brother forever, but he at least wanted a reason for his actions. And Kou couldn't hold back anymore.. and let loose everything. Tears, words and answers.

'I know, I know.. but don't run off again, okay? You're still just a kid..' Teru smiled, reaching his hand out for his brother.  

'Shuddup..' Kou whined, taking his hand.

The two walked home together, as they usually do. Nothing could come between them, not even the scariest and creepiest supernatural ever. Kou did feel a bit of shame, but that's just apart of growing up. They were family, they both have failing traits the other makes up for. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? 

'I know I can be clingy sometimes, but you are too!' Kou argued.

'Sometimes, eh? Well don't let some brats tell you what's embarrassing and what's not. Because I'm definitely the coolest brother in the world, right?' Teru stated, beaming with delight.

'Yeah yeah..'

~~~ 

From that day on.. Teru was heartbroken. /j