Mitsuba & Tiara | Lost child

BASED ON THE RECENT CHAPTERS OF THE SCHOOL FESTIVAL! BEFORE THE WHOLE TRAUMA WITH THE FLOWER PETAL MONSTERS! CUTENESS OVERLOAD! ENJOY READING!

~~~

It was the school's culture festival, a big day for everyone. Fun plays, yummy food stalls, and odd classroom events, a day full of smiles and happy memories. Tiara had come with the old man from the shrine, and went to see Kou's classroom and her brothers museum, but got lost after going to the bathroom.

So little Tiara Minamoto, holding on to her Fairy very tightly, roamed the halls of the old building as he watched groups of girls hussle through the halls, and parents roam in and out of classroom. She didn't recognise anyone, sadly.

Fairy, her pet Mokke and best friend, suddenly squirmed out of her grip, and Tiara placed it on the floor.

"What's up, Fairy?" Tiara asked, squatting down and brushing it's soft yet short hair. 

The Mokke quickly waddled over to a group of other Mokke, and Tiara beamed with happiness. Her smile grew wide, and she stood back up giving it a huge wave.

"Be safe! I'll see you at the gate, later! Bye bye!" Tiara called out, beaming and grinning with pleasure and happiness. To be honest, she didn't really care that she was there alone. More freedom, perhaps?

Meanwhile, Mitsuba the lonely ghost, had lost track of that woman whom he apparently had called his mother, once upon a time. No.7 and Daikon Legs had returned to start the play. And Kou was just boring and had dirty work to do. So practically, he was alone. Not like it was his first time, no, he was accustomed to this, but walked around anyway. 

The sides of the school, classrooms, and old auditorium had been modified to be prepped for stalls, vendors, things like that. Fun everywhere, yet he couldn't interact with any of it so.. besides taking a few signs. Like the "ガ" from "ガチンコ"

But another fun thing he could do was slip through humans, and watch them shiver and squeal from the icey flare in his soul. His cold, bruised soul. And that's what he did.

Until he bumped into Tiara.

"Oof!" she whined, stumbling backwards. Mitsuba watched as she tried to regain her posture but ended up tripping over herself and falling on her butt.

"Pfft-!" Mitsuba laughed, covering his mouth so he wouldn't absolutely burst out laughing.

"Ow.." Tiara mumbled, rubbing her knee with a small scrape. 

Oh.

Wait.

He didn't go through her?

Mitsuba stared down at this little girl, who looked back at him. Her cyan, glossy eyes with pure curiosity. Her crisp blonde hair that was obviously messy from the breeze flowing by. Her star hair pin had fallen out of her tight locks, and Mitsuba hesitantly bent down to pick it up.

"Sorry," he muttered, tossing it at her before standing up. She had two little stuffed dolls made of felt that looked oddly familiar.  And then it clicked, but it must have clicked out of place because.. it wasn't a good realisation.

Minamoto. Fuck, she looked exactly like him. He recalled Kou mentioning a little sister who would jump for joy when playing in sand.. but nothing more really. She was 5? 6 maybe?

"..Ah! It's the photo!" Tiara smiled, clenching the star hair pin but pointing up at Mitsuba.

 He blushed, and stepped back.

"I'm not a photo.. what?" Mitsuba, pissed, scoffed. He took her hand and pulled her up.

"Yes you are! Kou-nii-chan has a photo of you in his room! From the camera!"

Oh right, the camera.. from the time he was attacked by Tsukasa. Or apparently, he didn't really remember since it's a blur. A memory from another boy, but the same soul? He didn't really get it, but apparently that Mitsuba Sousuke, the ghost, was nicer yet still cocky. Did things ever change?

But a part of Mitsuba was a little relieved that Kou still thought of him.

"..Right, the names Mitsuba. I'm assuming you're his sister.." Mitsuba clicked his tongue.

Tiara nodded and quickly threw the star hair pin back at him. Mitsuba tried to catch it with one hand, his reflexes being a little faulty, but it rebounded right off his palm and onto his forehead. 

"Ow-" he quickly grumbled, snatching it from the air. Ignoring the fact that his 5 year old was laughing at him.

"My names Tiara! And I can't tie my shoelaces, or tie my hair up, and I really like pizza with shrimp!" she smiled, and Mitsuba finally got the memo.

"Right, you want me to put this in your hair? I assume?" Mitsuba asked, holding the clip out, and she nodded with a toothy grin.

So Mitsuba quickly shoved the hair pin back on her front bangs, aiming to get most of her hair out of the way. But it was so thick, and fluffy, it was practically impossible to shove it back in. So he just let it cover a few strands, as he stepped back.

And then Mitsuba just walked off. He wasn't exactly going to say goodbye to her, nor stick with her. She was a Minamoto, and they're all either completely insane, or utterly stupid and annoying. 

He wasn't going to take any risks, especially from an exorcist. Or that would be so much easier to say if he wasn't so attached to Kou. 

However, Tiara just followed Mitsuba as he roamed the outside stalls. Tiara had to slip through the crowds, running after him. Mitsuba scoffed, clearly annoyed but she didn't notice. Did any of the Minamoto's ever notice that they were completely obnoxious? 

Mitsuba then made a B-line to inside the building, but not through the obvious door or window. Nope, he floated straight through the bricky wall, leaving Tiara to hit her head again. This time she didn't fall back, as she didn't have the opposing momentum.

"Ow!" she whined, rubbing her forehead. Now she would have two pairs of bruises and scrapes.

"Ha! Stupid little dum dum!" Mitsuba teased, poking his head and shoulders through the wall. Mitsuba poked his pink, cocky tongue out at her, but Tiara was fast and grabbed it.

"..." was all that came from Mitsuba, as he tried to grab her wrist to pull her away. But nope, Tiara grabbed that too.

"That was mean.." Tiara frowned coldly, poking her own tongue out at him. 

She shocked his tongue just a little bit, letting the burn sizzle for a few seconds before stopping it, grinning.Now that, that was what Teru had taught her.

Revenge is best served cold. Or in this case, electro-charged. 

"PRINCESS?!" the old man said, running over to her as he spotted her golden locks. 

"Oh! Gramps!" Tiara smiled, letting go of Mitsuba's tongue and hand, as she turned around swiftly to whack his face with her unkempt hair. 

And she skipped right back over to the old Kannushi. 

~~~

Mitsuba sadly walked back over to the stupid classroom where Kou was scaring little middleschool girls on dates with their stupid boyfriends.

"Hey, Mitsuba! You're back already?" he asked, putting his giant syringe down so he could lean on it.

"Ill orelf," Mitsuba muttered, his tongue still burnt as he couldn't properly speak. Kou sent him a confused look.

'Kill yourself..?'