The End of a Journey

Graduation Ceremonies, the time that lets you reflect on your past journey. The years spent studying, laughing, and crying. Hot summers in the pool, walks home with the autumn sunset, dark winters covered in tufts of snow, and the morning breeze of sakura petals. The cycle repeats until the last of them graduates.

Kou Minamoto. The last of his friends to graduate. Aoi, Akane and Nene a year before, and his brother just before that. He knows that he will be leaving the school, and won't return. But he will be leaving some people more important than that.

Tsuchigomori, the teacher that guided him the most. The one who knew him the most, which gave them both a sense of comfort and discomfort. The elder who knew his secrets, and the younger who glared at him like he was a hairy spider. Well, he sort of was. But Tsuchigomori was thoughtful, but a bit of a badass.

Mitsuba Sousuke, the troubled boy his age who would always nag him. But he was just as lonely as him, and wanted attention. Their relationship broke a few times, but Kou never regretted a moment with him. It was always full of laughter, or angst. Never an inbetween, never anything more than friends. He's glad he met him on the first day of school, on the first day of his journey. It seems like a dream, a vivid one.

And of course, Hanako. Amane Yugi. The boy who started it all, all those years ago. The one with the annoying jokes, but the tender care to look after Kou. To help him, and tease him. Kou couldn't be more grateful to have Hanako in his life. And now, now was the day to say goodbye.

Would he ever exorcise any of these boys? Of course not, never. Not one did he truly consider it. Only at their first meeting but.. ghost or not, supernatural or human, we all have a purpose. And these three horsemen helped Kou find his. And he could never repay him enough.

"Good luck out there," mumbled Tsuchigomori, barely looking up from his newspaper. 

"Don't cry you idiot, seniors don't cry. I'll miss you, have fun." Mitsuba joked, whacking Kou on the back. 

"See you later~" Hanako cooed, giving Kou a small wave with a sad smile.

All three of them never once said goodbye, because.. Kou didn't want that. Kou didn't want to have to leave them. It wasn't goodbye, no, he would see them again. At some point, he promised that. Even though Hanako told him it was useless, and Mitsuba urged him not to hold onto false hope. Tsuchigomori just gave a shrug of his shoulders, and didn't bother caring.

This may be the end of the journey, and it will be someone else's role to befriend these unnatural beings. And uncover the hidden secrets of Kamome Academy.

Well, until next time.