002

"way" i said

"but i thought Edmund Adler didnt have any relatives" another boy said, i turned my attention to him. he had short curly brown, and a crooked smile.

"he had a wife and two children, my father and my aunt lucy" i cocked my head, remembering my aunt lucy, she had the most beautiful auburn hair that laid on her left shoulder at all time, she claimed she hated it being on her right, but i believe she wanted to show off her birth mark that all Adlers inherited. including me, which is why i always wore my hair down.

"this is unbelievable, im avery by the way" the boy who spoke before said as he nodded at me, trying to be seductive by giving me a wink. i didnt like immature boys.

"im dolohov, and this is lucius, aswell as rosier and barty" the boy who sat in the corner pointed to each boy except one.

"im severus" the last boy spoke, he seem awfully young to be sitting with this group.

"move over" bellatrix demanded as she made lucius and avery squeeze up into the window.

we sat down and began to converse with the boys.

"you have an accent" barty said as his tongue flicked to the side of his mouth.

"uh yes, im from France" i answered, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"are you experienced in magic or are you a squib" dolohov interrogated.

my eyes darkened and my voice lowered. "never. say. that. again." i threatened

"oh the dark lords going to love her, good eye bella" rosier said laughing but stopped when he saw my eyes lighten

"the dark lord as in voldemort?" i questioned.

"yes" bella said as she laid her hand on my shoulder. she then brought out the parchment she had written on before.

it read

'dear my lord

ive found her, she is truely as powerful as you said she was

sincerely, your humble servant'

she then let it ingulf in flames and head out the window.

"hes been looking for you, the true heir to one of the most ambitious men of the world" lucius said pridefully, holding his head up high. almost resembling a peacock.

my grandfather was a true friend to gellert grindelwald, grindelwald trusted edmund with his life, and in the end my grandfather ended up dying a prideful death protecting his closest friend.

when grindelwald died, his fortune went to my grandmother in a way of saying thank you.

seeing now as mother and father have passed and aunt lucy was beyond the grave, it meant i inherited all the money. aunt lucy never produced an heir.

"will i get to meet the dark lord" i asked hopeful, wanting to see the man i looked up to since i found out of his mission. idolizing his ways, wanting to kill the mudbloods who pollute our once pure magical world.

"hopefully, we just need to wait for a reply" dolohov quipped.

bella and i ended up going back to our original carriage and i slept the rest of the way to the palace.

===

"Eden, hun you got to wake up"

i feel my aunt lucy shake my shoulders, coaxing me out of my sleep. i stir awake and my eyes adjust to the bright light shining from my window.

once im fully awake aunt lucy brings me my breakfast. she places it on my lap and pushed my dark red hair from my shoulders, giving a loving look at my birthmark i was blessed with.

"aunt lucy stop" i giggle as she peppers my cheek with kisses .

once she stops i can get a good look of her face, lines of age around her eyes and mouth. aunt lucy was always a cheerful person, apposed to my father who was always serious and stern.

she giggled as she left the room, i hear her feet patter on the hardwood floor, then all of a sudden it stop, the sounds of her feet were replaced by a thump. she screamed then called for my name.

i ran out of bed and hurried to her. but before i could reach her, a muggle instrument was placed on my temples. i believe it was called a gun.

i saw my aunt lucy laying on the floor reaching her hands out for her wand which was just out of reach, her mouth was spewing blood as her eyes were blood shot.

i noticed the splotched blood coming from her abdomen.

i screamed for lucy but didnt move from my spot at the door.

"wheres the money" the voice called.

"i dont know, muggle" i spat, inching my hand behind my back using non-verbal magic to get my wand from my bedside table.

"accio" i whispered.

"shut up and lead me to the money" the intruder yelled, his spit hitting my neck.

"bombarda" i yelled now pointing my wand into the muggles stomach. He went flying backwards and crashed into the family portrait, which consisted of me, my father and mother as well as aunt lucy.

"sectumsempra" i then whispered as i watch the blood seep through his clothing.

i gasped for air as i lifted my head from the window, taking several seconds to realise i wasnt in danger but in fact i was just sleeping.

"are you okay eden" andy asked still chewing on her lollies.

i nodded, taking deep breaths.

the train slowed, telling the student that they were at hogwarts.

Eden stood and casted a spell on her luggage to follow her. she walked off the train with the girls on her tail.

"Mrs Adler?" a strange man called for her, she turned her head and saw a stout man, with a bulging belly and hair missing from his head.

"that is i" Eden walked over

"ah, im professor slughorn, um ill be escorting you to your hat sorting in headmaster dippits office" the man said, then held out his hand to apparate. she placed her perfectly manicured hand on his arm and the feeling of nausea hit her, as it always did when she apparated.

they landed in a dim room.

she saw two older men standing behind a stool with an old raggedy hat sitting contently on it.

"hello Mrs Adler, im headmaster dippit and this is professor dumbledore" the older of the two introduced themselves.

"hello" Eden said politely.

"if you would please sit down and well place the hat and youll be sorted into one of the four houses" dumbledore said, she followed his instructions and sat.

"ahh, an Adler, its been a while since ive had one of you, brave and courageous, strong willed and opinionated, smart and thoughtful. you fit all four houses but i must say, slytherin is calling your name" the had said out to the room.

"slytherin!" it bellowed

the hat was taken off her head. she noticed a concerning look from dumbledore, he looked at her as if she was up to no good, like he had caught her killing a cat or something.

she brushed it off, thinking it was probably the reputation connected to her name.

"your luggage has been escorted to your dorm which i will have the slytherin prefect show you where that is" dippit said, ushering her into a hallway where she saw andromeda.

andy squealed and hugged her. "i knew you would be in slytherin"

Eden laughed.