016

its the day after the winter ball and lets say, many people were shocked.

including the ministry, they were told tom wasnt looking for love or a wife. but surprise

tom and i shared a dance that night.

i had my hands draped around his neck, his around my waist. my head resting his chest, listening to him as he hummed the song.

i smiled to myself as we mindlessly turned, not caring for the others of the floor, in that moment it was just us.

"ive been thinking" tom said in the silence, i propped my head up and saw him looking into my eyes.

"yes?" i asked

"when we get married, lets get our own manor" he put the idea out their, i smiled deeper. my heart filled with glee, and im sure it showed on my face as tom chuckled.

"we can decorate it ourselves, set up a nursery for our kid, even can make you an office for when you work or when you want some alone time" he jested, i loved how he thought about me, most people said their encounters with the dark lord were cold and cruel. and ive seen a part of that in him but this wasnt the dark lord no this is tom. not the tom weve seen in the tabloids no this is my tom

i shook my head and laughed, he picked my up my waist and spun me, along with the song.

once my feet were back on the ground, his hands moved to my neck and pulled me into a kiss.

his lips attached to mine, molding around each other. my hands migrated into his curls and pulled slightly. he gasped at the sudden force and i tool that chance to slip my tongue into his mouth, we fought for dominance for a second before he won. when we pulled away i saw him smirk at how red my face had gotten. we turn to see the interviewer snapping pictures at our sudden display of affection.

and now thats what i saw in the daily prophets this morning in the common room, bella huddle behind me.

the headline read.

Tom Riddle the minsters of magics head assistant, the wizarding worlds most eligible bachelor, now taken off the market by non other Eden Adler, the granddaughter of grindelwalds right hand man Edmund Adler. people shocked to find out he even had relatives.

the two where spotted dancing and sharing a kiss on the dance floor

the two where spotted dancing and sharing a kiss on the dance floor. Eden Adler being apart of the sacred 29 pureblood families, it makes sense that a man like Tom Riddle would be attracted to her, they are the perfect power couple.

i rolled her eyes before throwing the paper into the fire, she loved that she made it into the paper but she hated that they zerod into the fact she was attractive, to other shallow people they would take it a compliments but im much more than a pretty face or a piece of arm candy, she was a powerful witch, a force to be reckoned with.

going back to my dorm i got dressed and ready for classes, i was nearly running late for potions. so i threw on my white shirt, putting my sweater vest over the top and my green plaid skirt, tucking the shirts into it, then tossing on my robes and put my hair into a messy pony tail. pulling strands out to frame my face. i hadn't bothered with make up. i grabbed my bag with my textbooks in it, i nearly forgot my want but grabbed it before closing the door and running to my class.

luckily the teacher hadn't gotten there yet.

after potions i had history of magic.

funnily enough todays subject was about the wizarding war, which my grandfather had partook in.

most of the class i saw peoples quicks looks in my direction. i sneered at them or flipped them the bird.

but before the lesson had finished i had been excused, the head master had wanted to see me in his office.

"miss Adler, im glad you could join us" dippit said, sitting behind his desk, dumbledore had stood beside him, hands behind his back and chest puffed out.

"yes, well i was called apon so here i am" i said simply as i took a seat in front of them.

"about that, we'd liked to talk about your engagement" dumbledore jested towards my rock on my finger.

"more particularly your fiance" dippit said, looking from me to dumbledore.

"what about him" i said trying to keep my cool. tom had told me about Dumbledore's suspicions

"you are aware of who he is right" the older man of the two continued. i furrowed my eyebrows, acting the part of an unsuspecting girl.

"yes, hes in the ministry, helping them do good things" i smiled, looking down at my ring lovingly. fools i smirked in my mind

"yes yes, but you know what hes really doing dont you" dumbledore pushed, trying to get me to confess to something.

"im not quite sure what you're insinuating sir" i acted confused.

"nevermind, would you like a butterscotch dear" he said changing the subject, i declined but he pushed. again declining.

"youre dismissed" dippit spoke. after i left i stood at the door casting a charm thatll allow me to hear what they are saying.

"maybe she doesn't know" dippit spoke, referring to me

"no, shes young but shes not stupid, she knows something. i have no doubt" dumbledore hissed. i heard steps approaching the door so i apparated to the first place i thought.

which ended up being toms office. where he sat, papers splayed out on the desk in an organised mess.

"they know something..." i breathed.