6. A message to send.

After buying a few things at the grocery store, I sighed as I started to make my way home on foot. I was starting to feel genuinely grateful for the funds Marcello had given me.

I was also relieved that he was a businessman since this allows me to believe, at least in part, that the funds in question are legal.

The entire time I was on my way home, I kept checking my phone to see if Marcello had left me a message or even if he had called, but nothing appeared. I felt a twinge of sadness that perhaps he had simply overlooked my presence.

Since he had expressed interest in Elizabeth the previous day, I wondered whether he preferred older women, but the fact that Elizabeth kept asking me about Ortega demonstrated that there had never been anything between the two of them.

Just as I was about to take another step toward my house, a black car came up in front of me. The man getting out of the car had a similar build as Marcello, numerous tattoos, thick dark hair, but a slight scar on the side of his face that gave him a somewhat frightening image.

He was a little refined, though nowhere like as elegant and charming as Marcello. It was challenging to hold others to the same standard because Marcello carried everything regarded attractive to the eye.

Marcello was more of a fine wine while this man was more like a grapevine. Marcello was extremely and fatally seductive.

"Ciao mi chiamo Enzo." The man spoke to me in Italian while reaching out his hand, which caused me to frown at him.

It wasn't the fact that I didn't know exactly what he was saying because I knew a some Italian especially introductions but it was the fact that this probably bad guy was introducing himself to me which made me a little confused.

However, when I first met Marcello, it was quite different since he was going to die and I couldn't just stand by and watch someone die. I, however, drastically changed my impression of Marcello and felt more comfortable and eventually smitten with him after I realized that he wouldn't hurt me.

"I can tell by the expression on your face that you don't speak Italian. This city after all is regarded as being one of the English-speaking regions of Italy, I should have known." He said to me.

"My name's Enzo princess." He quickly gripped my hand before kissing it and making me nervously blush.

"N-nice to meet you Enzo." I quickly withdrew my hand a little taken aback by his sudden gesture.

"I profoundly see now why he favours you, princess, but it's worrying that he has left you unsupervised and unattended for." I had the feeling from his statements that something wasn't right.

I knew I had to proceed forward with extreme caution as soon as I saw two threatening-looking people in black standing behind me. They were both individuals whom I hadn't even seen proceeding behind me, I could've been kidnapped because of this.

When I realised I might not survive the day, I began to fear for my life. Marcello had warned me about this, and I basically didn't listen to him.

"You don't need to worry princess, I won't hurt you, I'd be chewing off more than I can handle if I was to ever harm you. Your after all the principessa degli inferi." I frowned as he spoke in Italian at the end, I didn't understand the last word he spoke.

A word that I wasn't fully aware of in Italian.

"W-what do you want?" Still not feeling relieved by his comments, I questioned.

"I'm only but your boyfriend's ally. I was hoping that by conversing with you that I could get a word in with him. Please, let him know that I merely want to have a word with him to clear up the unfortunate events that happened the other day concerning him and my younger brother." He explained making me continue to frown at him.