30. Lying Bastard.

If anyone had witnessed me at that precise moment, they would have noticed that I had stopped breathing and that my face had entirely lost all of its color.

"You just made that up." Even though I made every effort to refute what Enzo was saying, I just had a bad feeling about this.

"It's best for you to come and see for yourself, princess, because I actually anticipated that you would say something along those lines, so I chose to record it. However, I have a feeling you won't believe it's real." My chest ached painfully.

At this point I was holding onto my chest. If he was able to prove it, then it had to be true.

"How do I know you're not just trying to get me out of my house and kill me or have me kidnapped in order for Marcello to cooperate with you?" I questioned.

"You already know I can come guns blazing and have that done especially now that your boyfriend is making out at my club as of this moment, but I won't because I'm nothing like your cheating boyfriend that can't be trusted." Every time he said something bad concerning my boyfriend a pang of hurt.

Even though the likelihood of Marcello actually cheating is starting to rise minute by minute, I almost felt the urge to defend him. However, I bit my lip and refrained from doing so. If I arrived and discovered a dishonest Marcello, I would look foolish.

Was this all orchestrated by Stella and Enzo? After all these two are lovers and vipers.

It seemed very likely that Marcello was in fact cheating because Stella was able to show that everything, she had claimed was true.

"Given that there are guards posted just outside my door, I-I would not be able to leave my house." I swallowed hard as tears began to fall down my cheeks.

"That's simple; one of my men will cause a distraction nearby, and you'll take advantage of it to flee the area." Enzo proposed.

"Fine but I don't want anything to happen to my men." I cautioned him.

"No harm will come to them, darling; I keep my promises." I cringed and shuddered hearing his pet name for me.

Because I knew them well and cared deeply about them, I didn't want anything bad to happen to them. I hope Marcello doesn't find out I'm gone, especially with Enzo, and shoot one of them again because I escaped their grasp without their knowledge.

"There will be a black car waiting close to Mrs. Vinci's home. All you have to do is keep an eye out. Again, your men won't be harmed so you dismiss everything you hear." He said and hung up the phone.

I surely hoped he kept his promise with this one.

I waited for Enzo to give me a signal while standing by my window. For a while, I didn't hear or see anything, but eventually three of the bodyguards in the area noticed something and three of them turned around and went away while holding their rifles aloft.

As the other three left, the fourth man stood with his gun raised, so I used it as an opportunity to sneak out of my bedroom window. As I made my way toward Vinci's house, I concealed behind a few trees until I arrived at the black car and got inside.

I prayed as I sat in the car nervously as I had no idea if I was doing the right thing or not. After my very long conversation with Stella, I knew Enzo would not hurt me.

"Princess." He smiled at me before handing me his phone and driving off.

I hesitated to push the buttons to start the video that was on the phone's screen. I feared what I would observe. My heart was pounding in my chest with such pain that I was practically on the edge of tears. Even my head was beginning to hurt, this felt like torture.