10. Quality time together.

When I opened my eyes, my thoughts immediately went back to the previous evening and all that had occurred up to this morning, making me flush.

I also remembered how Marcello had slammed into me owing to the slightly tender sensation between my thighs.

Speaking of Marcello, I looked around the room and noticed that he wasn't there, which gave me a slight sense of despair.

Even after having intimacy with Marcello and losing my virginity to him, I still found it hard to accept and believe. Every area of my body that he had touched amicably received a slow motion caress from my hand.

I slid out of bed with a grimace, but I managed to make it to the bathroom, where I took a long, cold shower to calm my raging core, which still ached for him.

I observed that I was now wearing a necklace as I stood in front of a full-length mirror, but as I held the necklace in my hand, I discovered something incredibly strange about it: it matched the tattoo on Marcello's chest, which looked like a bleeding rose that had been lit on fire.

I chewed my lip as I pondered what it meant and what it actually represents. The chain was made of gold, and the pendant was made of gold with tiny diamonds set inside it to form the tattoo's emblem.

I gave the chain some thought for a while but then decided that, given how close to being nude I was, I should put on some clothing.

Since I had nothing to wear and my clothes had somehow disappeared, I borrowed one of Marcello's white t-shirts, which reached all the way down to my thighs.

I then peered outside the door in the hopes that he was there and that no one else was. Hopefully Marcello hadn't gone and left me for too long.

I was relieved to catch a glimpse of Marcello as I was leaving the room, and I discreetly blushed when he observed me doing so while wearing his shirt.

Marcello intensely scrutinized my physique in his shirt before I nervously tiptoed towards him and halted a few steps away from him, and I could see a flash of satisfaction in his eyes right after. He then drew me into his arms and kissed me tenderly.

I held onto Marcello's shirt as he gave me a passionate kiss while I tip-toed to meet him halfway. Marcello then bit my lips, and I let him in as our tongues embroiled with one another.

I moaned to Marcello's sweet and delicate taste, but I broke apart a few seconds later for air while still being held in his arms because he wouldn't let me leave.

"I-I couldn't find my clothing, so I had to wear yours," His piercing gaze always made it difficult for me to stare up at him for too long, so I muttered in his chest as he chuckled and I timidly glanced up at him.

"It suits you, Little one, and your clothes was taken to laundromat room. Once they are dry, I'll have one of the maids deliver it to you." In response to his words, I nodded my head.

"W-why do I have on a necklace, and what does the sign on it mean?" I looked into his eyes in anticipation of a response.

"It serves as a deterrent to other men that you are mine and as a sign of protection. From now on, you should always wear it." I pouted as I listened to Marcello's words.

"Protection?"

"Yes, when they see the emblem, they'll know you belong to me, which will lessen the likelihood that you'll be put in danger if someone attempts something foolish with you," He spoke of it.

I was hesitant to wear it because I knew it was a symbol of their mafia of some kind, and I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable since I had already slept with Marcello while being unmarried and now here I was wearing a symbol of the mafia, and throughout my life I had only been known to grow up a very religious girl.

I mean, I was aware that developing a relationship with a gang boss wouldn't be easy and was no bed of roses.

"Your overthinking things Amia," Marcello whispered in my ear whilst slowly kissing my neck going down further to my chest when there was suddenly a knock on his door.

When his eyes gleamed mischievously at me and said, "Come in," I attempted to draw away from him as he notified whoever was at the door, and I blushed, burying my face completely into his chest rather than facing whoever was coming through the door while inhaling his incredibly seductive scent.

"You can set it down there and go." I delightedly smelled delicious food, ones that I knew all too well and I glanced up at Marcello.

When I turned to look toward the door, I saw a huge amount of food as the women who had brought the food stared at me briefly before walking away.

"The food is yours to eat." I listened to Marcello's advice as I gazed up into his blue eyes; he stopped me just as I was ready to pull myself from his arms.

I stared at the food noticing it had a combination of cacio e pepe and Margherita pizza and a few others which he remembered a few days ago at the Italiano restaurant that I work which is also owned by him.

"Thank you."

I flushed and started to move in the direction of the food when I was abruptly dragged back into his arms once again as he planted a lighthearted kiss on my lips.

"Who is that?" I tried to turn my head away from Marcello when a man tried to ask him a question, but I was immediately drawn back into his chest.

In the same manner as before, I buried my face farther against Marcello's chest in an effort to conceal myself.

I must appear pathetic, and more importantly, I most definitely did not appear to fit in. All of these men and women were quite scary, and here I was, a blushing, timid woman who was trying to hide her face in the chest of the man she was crushing on.

"My woman, now how can I help you, father?" I glanced upwards to face Marcello after hearing his remarks, which caught me off guard.

Without looking down at me Marcello's hand continued to pull me into his chest, this meant Marcello was my boyfriend? And my lover? And my man? I smiled while peeking around behind me to find another splitting image of Marcello behind me.

Thankfully, the scent of my hair was that of my vanilla-scented shampoo, or otherwise I would have been mortified. I could feel Marcello's face now stuffed into my hair, almost as if he were pleasantly smelling it.

The man murmured, shifting his eyes from Marcello to me in a quick motion that caused me to flush and cause my cheeks to break out into a tentative and awkward smile.

"Fuck." He murmured while casting a wide-eyed glance at the chain around my neck, and I instinctively stretched out to grasp it in my hand.