31. Someone to confide in.

Few people were there when I arrived at the park wearing a blonde wig, making it difficult for others to recognize me. As I sat and thought about the previous events that had taken place in front of me, they left me with an unfavorable impression and a bitter taste.

Dillon appeared to be startled as he cautiously walked up to me and struggled to recognize my appearance. I sat back and watched from a distance. I was aware that this would not be able to prevent Marcello from actually finding me.

"Amia, what is this? Why did you request to meet here? And why are you ignoring Marcello's calls? Have you no idea how furious he is right now? Your going to get me killed Amia, let's get you to your boyfriend so that your overly protective boyfriend won't have to eat my head off." Dillion spoke taking my hand as I pulled it away from him.

"I know Dillion." I confessed to him.

"What do you know, princess?" He enquired with concern stooping below me.

"I am aware of Stella and Marcello." I admitted it as I watched his face go from being concerned to expressionless, as if he were attempting to conceal his emotions.

"Let's not assume anything we don't know, princess." I rolled my eyes at him as he tried to protect his best friend.

"I was there!" I pulled out my phone and showed him the video footage that I had of Marcello and Stella.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that, but Amia, did you remain throughout to witness them acting in a manner that was not appropriate?" I scoffed at Dillon.

"I'm sure you weren't in that room with them, princess, therefore I think you ought to confront Marcello and find out the truth from him." He spoke while standing.

"This is all I need to show that he is guilty, Dillon; no matter what, it shouldn't have happened in the first place. While I am aware that you two are close friends, I don't understand why you feel the need to go above and beyond by lying and supporting him even if you are aware that that is the case." I accused him.

"Marcello may be a bad guy, but you are what makes him vulnerable. He cannot bear to lose you, Princess, since it would destroy him mentally. You are the best thing that has ever happened to him, and we both agree on that. He may have made a mistake, but save my friend the pain. The Marcello you know and love is still there." Before responding, I sighed as I listened to him talk.

"Would you endanger your life to save Marcello? Biting my lip, I considered what actually happened last night while fighting back tears.

"Yes, Amia, I would put my life in danger for him, just as he would for you, but why would you enquire about this?" Dillon stooped before me once again.

"Then I need you to vow to me that you won't tell Marcello anything about what I'm going to say to you until you have a plan." I dried my tears.

"Amia, stop sobbing. Let's go to Marcello and have things resolved so you two may once again be happy together." I rolled my eyes as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"If Marcello truly love me then he would've never cheated on me simply for revenge and for getting back at others." I spoke out seeing him go silent once again.

"Enzo told you this didn't he?" Dillon concluded.

"Then it's true!" I cried.

"No, no, princess. None of it is true, and I'm certain Marcello would be able to tell you everything if you asked him. It's preferable to correct him and make him realize how much his actions have hurt you." I had emotional support from Dillon.

"Or maybe he'd just lie about it just as you are doing now." I scoffed at him.

"I'm not lying to you princess. Let's get you home to Marcello." He urged.

"Marcello decided to have a relationship with Stella because he was upset that Enzo kept seeing me. I am also aware of the contract that Marcello and Enzo both signed. The fact that Elizabeth was taken hostage by Marcello in order to obtain my necklace is another thing I am aware of." I informed him.

"I recall asking Marcello if he was involved, but he remained silent instead of speaking up. Why on earth would he be honest with me about anything?" I asked Dillon a question.

"You are loved by Marcello, Amia. He might conceal information from you, but only if he thinks it will keep you safe. He still cares about you. You shouldn't be skeptical of that. Marcello will, I'm sure, be more than able to address any concerns you may have, but he cannot risk losing you." I received another reassuring message from Dillon.

"There's something else." I murmured.

"When we go home, Princess, we can discuss it. Since Marcello doesn't know where you are right now and I haven't told him we're meeting, it won't take him long to track you down, and the fact that he sees us together raises suspicion in his mind. Even death is possible for me." Once more, Dillion pushed for me to return to Marcello's house.

"Marcello shouldn't see me again and I'm not going home to him. Marcello is an evil man who lies. I want nothing to do with him, so you can tell him it's over." I scoffed.

He sounded like I ran away from my husband.

"Stop saying things you don't mean, Amia. You obviously don't mean that." This time, Dillon's tone was severe and hostile.

Because that was true and not even Marcello had spoken to me that harshly, I sobbed even harder. How could I possibly walk away from someone I was in love with? Someone who made the extra effort to make me happy? It was just not possible.

"Shit! Don't tell your man that I made you cry, princess; please. I didn't mean to bring you to tears. Shh, don't weep, oh my gosh, I'm not even used to soothing my girlfriends when I dump them and they start crying, yet here I am attempting to soothe my best friend's girlfriend in order to avoid getting on Marcello's bad side and losing my best friend." I chuckled as Dillon muttered while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yes that's it, laugh." He spoke patting my head.

"How can you two be good friends if you fear him that much?" I questioned.

"Though he is impulsive, trigger-happy, and unpredictable, I don't necessarily fear him. However, because my best friend and I have known each other for a very long time, I do fear losing him. He is the person I am around more than my own mafia is, even." He spoke, and I nodded in agreement.

My decision to spill everything on my mind came after I had calmed down and regained my composure since my following few words shocked him as I whispered it to him. Dillon gave me a startled look as he rose to his feet.

"Where did you learn this, Amia?"

"I can now only view running away as the wisest course of action but I cannot allow Marcello to suffer any harm. I wouldn't hurt him, even though he has hurt me. Knowing he could be in danger prevents me from leaving. That secretly mushy baby boy of mine, he is my heart, and I adore him to death." I hiccup.

"Additionally, the intimidating man who is secretly smitten with you speaks warmly and extensively about you. That sweet little guy of yours worries about you all the time. In all honesty, he is unable to contemplate eating while unaware of his dear woman's happiness. He goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable." I understood how truthful his remarks were.

Signaling one of his men to come over Dlon whispered in his ears before he went away.

"When Marcello learns that his love decided to leave him and run away, more lives will be destroyed. So having you depart is out of the question princess."

"You must impart all of your knowledge to me. If what you mentioned is true, Amia, then preventing Marcello from coming into contact with this information by you was the wisest course of action since otherwise, many people would have died. Coming to me, you made the right decision." I nodded my head.