17. An hostile visit.

When I heard a knock on the door, I hesitantly went to open it, wondering who it might be. However, when I did, I saw an unidentified woman at the door who stormed into my home.

I noticed Marcello's men were still parked outside my house as I turned to look behind her. This indicated that this woman was probably not a threat, but I left the door open just in case.

"So your the infamous, Amia." She said while folding her hands and casting a quick glance around and then turned her full attention to me.

The woman had blue eyes with long eye lashes, strawberry blonde hair, was very slim, and had very big lips for some reason. She gave off the impression of being in her middle age.

"Y-yes, I am, Amia," I hesitantly confirmed.

"And, Amia, do you know who I am?" She asked while she awaited my response.

"Actually, no, I don't," She scoffed as I responded.

"He knows I'm strongly against your relationship, so it stands to reason that he wouldn't say anything to you about me. Even though you are the princess of the underworld, you have no idea how it all began or who has majority of the power there." Making me frown, the woman remarked.

"I'm Serene Ortega, and by now you must be familiar with my identity." She looked at me side to side while folding her hands with a smirk.

"You're Marcello's mother." I acknowledged now noticing a little similarity between the two.

"Bingo," She said, "And the only reason I'm here today is to warn you that you should keep the hell away from my son." When I heard what she said, my heart sank.

"B-but, why?" The thought that I might have to let Marcello leave made me wonder, my pulse pounding fiercely.

"Don't act so innocent, Amia. Someone who is obviously out to get money is not someone that my son needs. You're an ordained woman, Amia." My eyes immediately opened in shock as she spoke.

"I did some study on you, Amia, and found out that you are a self righteous person, as is your family right currently. What in the hell are you going to do since it is obviously not appropriate for you to oversee the entire mafia empire? Instead of someone who will spend the day at home, go shopping, and then wait for Marcello to make things and have you looking like you a princess, Marcello requires someone with his level of experience." Selene gave me a scowl.

"Why in the world would a religious girl be hanging out with a mafia leader much less be with one? Your track record has been spotless. In your whole life, I don't even think you've ever stolen any damn thing." She made a few allegations.

"Tell me, isn't Marcello exactly the opposite of what you want in a church girl—the full polar opposite?" Every time I tried to say something, she would stop me.

"But Marcello and I do have an understanding. Whatever he does may not be good but I-I'm sure we could come to a compromise on something, although I haven't yet come up with a solution but I do believe we could work things out for the best." I pleaded with her.

"Are you aware of the number of suitable women waiting in line to see Marcello? Do you honestly believe Marcello is the kind of guy who would settle down with a simple lady like you? He seeks adventure and a kind partner. Before he dumps you, not much time has passed. You won't be the only woman he ever pursues; you're not the first. I advise you to break up with him before things progress too far and you end up getting hurt when you learn he's been seeing other ladies besides only you." My heart throbbed even more painfully.

"The bible is there, so it's best if you stay there on the right side. What? You made the decision to venture out and look for someone else because the church didn't have enough excellent men. What would happen if news spread that you were dating a mafia boss or if your parents were alerted at once? I wonder if your name would appear in the holy temple. I suppose it ought to be thrilling." She made a spectacle.

"Amia, you wouldn't be in church if you were a bad girl, I'm sure of it. The difficult queries are now presented. Are you prepared to risk the deaths of your parents so that you can satisfy your lust for wealth? Are you ready to put you and your parents life in danger, possibly for someone you haven't even fallen in love with?" She spoke, and I bit my lip.

I would never put my parents lives at risk.

"I see that your truly thinking about what I had to say, how much do you want for you and your parents to disappear from here?" She smirked as if one hundred percent confident of which she speaks.

"Disappear?"

"Yes, for you to leave from here and never come back. For you to disappear out of my son's life and never come back." I shook my head vigorously.

"I wasn't with Marcello for the money, I....." I was cut off by her words again.

"Who do you think is going to believe you child? Your a church girl, are you hoping to get married to him and live a happily ever after? Not going to happen, he's just going to use you."

"Be smart; you are a lovely young woman with a promising future. Take the wise route out, Amia; a background check revealed that your GPA was quite high which could get you in a great college. Currently, you are going in the wrong direction. Your tuition to a reputable American university will be covered in full by my sponsorship. By doing morally, you may make your parents proud." When I gave her remarks some thinking, I realized that they were excellent news.

"Do you know the number of men Marcello has murdered? When the time comes, are you prepared to kill? He'll need someone to keep an eye on him, after all. Someone cunning enough to lead a gang of murderers. A drug queen perhaps? A liar who always makes amends for his mistakes. Amia, tell me, are you that person?" I couldn't complete all of that, and she was right.

What was I actually thinking dating a murderer?

"But my parents..."

"I can have them shipped with you to a comfortable home in America, or I can get them into a nice home with country club in the hills, or they can stay here and I'll protect them, pick wisely." She was tenacious.

Betray Marcello and take this great opportunity? Or stay with my love and endure everything dangerous? He was a murderer, my parents would certainly not be proud of me.........

Wait, did I just said....my love?

I was in love with Marcello, oh my god. I'd only known him for a month and a few days, but I was already deeply in love with him.

"C-could I consider it, please?" I bit my lip because I knew I should take advantage of the opportunity right away and not let it pass me by, but I was actually taking my time to consider it.

"Fine, I'll give you a five days to think about it." She took a few seconds to think about it.

"Until then I suggest that you stay away from my son or else." I nodded my head slowly as she nudged me with her shoulder before walking out and leaving me stunned.

"Oh, and we never discussed this. There's no telling what I'd do if I learned that you provided Marcello this information; the criminal underworld may also be aware of you, but I'll let everyone else who's in church know that you're no innocent girl, and I can do that without endangering my son, you can bet your bottom dollar."

"Have a fantastic day, Amia Snow." She finished with a smile and then turned to leave.

" She finished with a smile and then turned to leave