40. Forever mine.

The sixth time I hear the female barista Jennifer and another cook Linda chat lustfully about Mr. Ortega, I sigh inwardly. They were driven solely by infatuation and a desire for his wealth and status.

Even though they were busy making orders, they still had time to converse freely, and that too in front of clients. They were completely unrestrained.

They decided not to believe the rumors that Marcello and I were dating because they didn't think I was his type.

None of them lacked a boyfriend. However, they would get together at work to discuss who would be a better fit for my man.

I swear I'd shut them up personally if they didn't stop talking soon. I despised these verminous women for talking about my man in such a lusty manner and for insisting on speaking freely without restraint.

"Are you ok, Amia?" Dave questioned next to me.

I shook my head at him.

"Don't you two ever shut up? Don't you see the man's spoken for?" Elizabeth snapped at them seeing my annoyance for them.

We both smiled at each other and before they could answer, the restaurant's door chimed, and Marcello walked in as if he could feel or sense my rage emanating from a mile away. His hair was sleekly styled, and he was wearing a black suit and a matching black overcoat.

Like everyone else, I couldn't help but stop and gaze and appreciate the rather attractive man as he went dapperly approaching the countertop while appearing dashingly handsome.

As Marcello continued to approach, staring me in the eyes, and my heart pounded in my chest. Once inside the restaurant, two of his men entered and took positions on either side of the room. My cheeks began to turn dark red, and as Marcello approached, my heart continued to beat swiftly.

When Marcello sauntered past the counter, Dave, my coworker who was standing next to me, instantly moved a few steps away from me out of obvious dread.

"M-marcello, what are you doing here?" I stumbled backward, my eyes wide open, as he grabbed me firmly and yanked me into his firm chest.

I could see from the corner of my eyes everyone around watching us as they all gasped in surprise.

Without waiting for me to respond, Marcello wrapped his arms around me firmly gripping onto me. As he pulled me into him, his hands began to stroke every inch of my body, making me blush and gasp in unison.

I tried to free myself from his grasp, but it was ineffective. There was barely room between us, so I held his arms to help me maintain my balance.

As I peered up at Marcello and noticed him already staring down at me admiringly, I could hear gasps and murmurs coming from all around us.

"Are you ok little one?" Marcello cooed, cupping my chin in his hand.

"M-marcello, release go of me right now." I spoke quietly to him while blushing, but Marcello's lips pummeled into mine instead of doing as I asked.

As I tasted Marcello's lips, feeling as though I had just entered a trance, and I didn't want him to stop, despite the growing whispers and gasps all around us. Our bodies drifted together flawlessly in each other's arms as we passionately kissed for a few minutes before I had to pull away gasping for oxygen.

Marcello aggressively and passionately kissed me without waiting for me to collect my breath again, his hand caressed my posterior in front of everyone, and I moved my head to the side to obtain more of him before we ended our amazing kiss. All around, there was awe making me heat up.

"No, I won't let you go, princess." Marcello whispered out, stubbornly making me silently glare at him flushing.

"Why not?" I almost buried my face in his chest, inhaling his mouthwatering aroma while I tried to hide from everyone in the restaurant who was watching us since I was unable to release myself from his arms.

"I've made the decision to spend the majority of my time with you today because you stole my opportunity to spend quality time with you and I'm unable to focus at work. I'm sure the boss won't have a problem with it." Marcello shocked me by saying as the others around me gasped.

"No not at all." My manager spoke up before disappearing.

I can't believe Marcello was doing this.

"Marcello, you're making me anxious and uncomfortable." Blushing, I muttered to him.

I was ready to reprimand him for acting ungraciously and unprofessionally when I thought back to our recent pleasantly passionate kiss, which I had avidly enjoyed.

"You shouldn't be afraid of being held by me; after all, you are my woman, and I don't care. I won't let go of you until you forgive me." I felt the need to yell at him for doing this to me.

"Gosh your so stubborn."

"I'm only stubborn for you Amia."

He continued to pull me into his chest as his warm, gentle hands wrapped around me. As the seconds pass, his warm hands around me more tightly, pressing me against his chest as he leans in to bury his face in my hair that was now loose because of him as he takes a long breath.

He appears to entirely relax in my arms as I hesitantly wrap my arms around him. His enthralling aroma overwhelmed my senses, and the warmth that had been missing from my body for days was suddenly permeating it.

"You're so beautiful." As he leans over, he murmurs softly, his minty breath caressing against my cheek.

"Stop." I mutter inconsolably as my palm hopelessly presses against his chest without moving him at all.

"Mine."

To my complete surprise, everyone started chanting "forgive him," with the exception of Elizabeth, Linda, and Jessica. I glanced up at him before burying my face in his chest again.

"Tell me this one thing, if I hadn't found out about everything, would you have told me about it?" I questioned, searching his eyes for answers.

"In all honesty, I wouldn't have, and I actually feel it to be a good thing that you did find out about everything. Being away from you for the past few days has taught me a lesson I'll never forget, so I won't have to hide anything from you anymore. Instead, I'll be honest with you going forward. I give you permission to leave me if I ever do, which I won't. I don't deserve you but I will prove myself to you." At his sincere words, tears started to fall from my eyes.

"Will you forgive me?"

"I'll forgive you this time Marcello, but if you ever let me down Marcello, I'm out for good," I warned him, but something tells me he wouldn't ever hurt me again.

The whole dining room cheered for us as Marcello's velvety, soft lips pressed against the corner of my jaw, trailed gently down the base of my throat, and then trailed back up to deliver a kiss precisely beneath my bottom lip. He draws me in, his arms squeezing around my waist.

"Mine." He continues to speak to himself while holding me closer and intensifying his grip.

Marcello leans in close and looks deeply into my eyes as he does so. His eyes flit to my lips, and when he gently presses his lips against mine, my eyes flutter shut.

Our chests are pressed firmly together, we can feel each other's frantic heartbeats while our lips form a perfect symphony. His hand moves slowly up my back before wrapping around my untamed, silky waves, going through the waves and fiddling with them as he pleases.

His lips move against mine with a heart-pounding desire that has me forgetting about the need to breathe.
The only thing I needed was to stay where I was in his arms, our lips pressing together in the most personal places before we eventually pulled apart gasping.

"You're mine Marcello." I smiled as his eyes shimmered at me.