21. The parent talk.

Since I couldn't look my parents in the eyes, I looked around the entire room in great embarrassment, disappointment, and most of all, shame. How on earth could I have allowed this to happen to me, and what in the world do I do?

Fortunately, my parents didn't find me entirely naked with Marcello, but on the other hand, Marcello had dressed me in his own shirt, which is how they eventually found me.

"I-is he the cause of the suspicious-looking individuals who were parked outside my house?" The gentle question from my mother sounded as though she was about to start crying.

I hesitantly nodded my head unable to look her in the eyes.

"My name is Marcello Ortega, and I'm Amia's boyfriend. First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for what you had to witness; I only wish the best for Amia, and I hope you can grant us your blessings to be together." Marcello spoke like a true gentleman, and I was taken aback by his soft side towards my parents.

"How could we possible give you the chance to be with our daughter when you degraded us by sleeping with her in our own home behind and behind our back and also tainted her? Didn't you think this was you should've requested of us first?" Dad exploded in a furious manner.

"I was positive the girl I was dating was not a minor who had to give her consent before having sex. I apologize if I insulted you." As my father glared at Marcello for his response, I noticed the fairly vague connotation in his remarks that caught my attention.

Marcello did not like the way he was being spoken to.

I glanced up witnessing the hurt as my father stared into my eyes.

"Again I apologize for our actions early on." Marcello spoke.

"Amia?" My mother called for me and I glanced towards her.

"What is this? Are you serious? Is all of this true? Why weren't we told anything? Why did you lie to us?" I swallowed hard feeling nothing but guilt and dread.

"Amia had nothing to do with lying to you. She was merely following what I told her." Marcello tried to protect me.

"Once more, I'm sorry for our early behaviour," Marcello attempted to sound honest, which I knew he was, as he spoke.

"Amia?" I turned to look at my mother as she called for me.

"I'm just as guilty as he is since I didn't consent to anything under duress, I made the first move with him, and I wasn't forced to do anything. We have a relationship because of me. Marcello had actually asked me to think it over, but I decided to stay with him." As both of my parents exhaled, I admitted playing with my fingers.

I felt as though I had done something incredibly wrong.

"I don't believe this." My father spoke in astonishment.

"While all of this is true, I am ready to accept full responsibility for our respective conduct. Amia shouldn't be held responsible for anything, therefore." Marcello noticed how important my parents are to me and spoke.

"Well, everything I've said so far is true, and I apologize profusely for disappointing you both. I know you two had high hopes for me, but that's just how things have become, and if you can't accept our relationship, then I'll just have to leave if you want." My parents rose up and looked at me with wide eyes while I fought back the urge to cry.

When I turned to look at Marcello, I noticed that he was utterly unconcerned with the situation and was instead staring directly at my parents.

Because I knew he'd definitely get upset and Marcello didn't want to see me sad, I didn't want him to see me on the edge of sobbing because I was afraid that things might go out of hand.