19. A moment of meekness.

"M-marcello, what are you doing here?" I was unable to look him in the eye as I pondered while fidgeting with my hand.

"Little one, I have the same question for you." I was aware that I had made a mistake because, if my theory were accurate, Marcello would have known exactly why I had come to this motel in the first place since one of his men had been standing outside the door when his mother had come to visit. Then, all of a sudden, I had vanished and was staying in a motel.

In addition to the fact that he had just looked through my phone and seen the communications between his mother and I, his men would have sent the message along.

"Little one, you still haven't provided an answer to my query. " He spoke observing me from where he sat.

I was standing there apprehensively as he watched me, breathing in his intoxicating aroma, and all I could think of was being in his loving arms and enjoying a kiss from him.

"Amia, you have all the time you need to reflect. I have a limitless amount of time and patience for you." I was perplexed by his words and unsure of whether to feel relieved or regretful for what I had done.

"I-I'm sure you know why I'm here M.. Marcello." I remained after my words as he did too still observing me.

"Why?" Why was his question again and I bit my lip.

"W-why?" I glanced towards the floor as I tried putting my words together.

"Why did you run away Amia? Did my mother persuade you to the point where you believed I was a horrible person and that you should avoid me?" Marcello inquired while standing up and gently approaching me as I swiftly took a step back.

As soon as he noticed what I was doing, he paused and slightly tilted his head to the side as though surprised by my reluctance to stand next to him.

The reason I was so reluctant to be next to him was not because I didn't want to be, but the whole objective of coming here was to avoid being around him. If I caved in to him, things might get out of hand, at which point Selene might divulge every detail about us to everyone, even my parents.

"Apparently, she has. What exactly did my mother say to you, Amia?" Marcello didn't seem to be upset unless he was doing a wonderful job of hiding it.

I could feel the tingle in my cheeks and I blushed as his blue eyes took in my entire form, from head to toe, and his tongue gently darted out to lick his sweet lips before glancing away and turning back to me seconds later. Nothing could have been more important to me than kissing him while I was in his arms.

"Amia, I may be patient with you, but I ask that you refrain from making me unhappier than I already am. Don't try to take advantage of my frailty. I won't leave here without an answer tonight. I'll leave once I have been given the truth." Marcello took a seat on my bed waiting for my answer.

"Did she threaten you?" I hesitantly nodded in response to his question, and he nodded his head while chuckling lightly, startling me.

"Come here to me, Amia." Marcello requested to which I remained in my position and glanced away from him.

"Amia, do you intend to leave me?" He inquired again, but this time I could tell he was seemingly a little perturbed.

"I - don't know."

"So, what precisely are you doing in this place?" He persisted in his pursuit of the truth.

"Trying to think." He chuckled when I whispered.

"So you're here debating whether or not to leave me?"

"Yes, I meant to say no." Marcello furrowed his eyes with perplexity.