15. Princess of the underworld.

"Marcello." I murmured.

"Yes, little one." He answered.

"Are there any special meanings associated with your name, Marcello?" Softly, I asked.

"It's meaning is young warrior or little warrior. It is said to bring me strength and courage. With the work that I do, I'm sure you see why." I pouted while nodding my head.

The only thing I did was pace around Marcello's office. He asserted that being around me gave him a sense of serenity, presence of mind, and pride, which made me feel like I was extremely significant to him. I was attracted to him in the same way that others were, and I thoroughly enjoyed being around him.

"Are you still upset with me for losing the necklace you gave me? because I could tell you were mad at me yet you refrained from reprimanding me." We had sex with each other four times that day as my punishment, but I still asked him.

When I considered what actually happened, I blushed.

He must still be angry with me because he had described the diamond necklace as a family heirloom prior to it being stolen.

"The reason why my necklace was taken is because of your selflessness to say no which is not to be blamed, I know where your necklace is Amia, I will retrieve it for you." Hearing his response made me surprised.

"Y..you did? And so quickly? That being said, how? It would have been long gone and stolen by this point, am I right? How did you even manage to locate who or where it is and track it down?" I raised a query.

"Little one," He started, "I have ways and means." In response, Marcello said.

As an idea crossed my head, I bit my lip. Since he had resources and the police were moving slowly, perhaps he could figure it out and assist.

"Do you believe you could find E-Elizabeth using your resources as she has been missing for nearly three days and no one seems to know where she is?" He looked up at me as I asked him another inquiry.

I squirmed and blushed under Marcello's piercing gaze. I quickly looked away because I didn't want to compete with his gaze, which felt like it was devouring me.

"Why, Amia, would you wish to locate her?" He questioned.

"Well she's a human like anyone of us and I'm sure she has a family that might be worried sick about her." I murmured looking every except at him.

"How are your folks doing?" I pouted when I realised that he had entirely ignored my suggestion by posing a different query.

"They're doing great, I spoke with them this morning. However, I'm still unsure of how to tell them that I'm dating a gangster, and it'll be challenging to conceal the truth when they return the following week." I explained to him.

"I talk to your parents and have things resolved, little one." Upon hearing his suggestion, my eyes grew wide.

"No!.......I-I mean it would be better if I had a word with them first and then I introduce you to them later." I bit my lip smiling while Marcello observed me from around his desk.

It didn't make it any easy either as one of my church members had approached me the other day and had shockingly questioned if I was dating a mobster wherever she got that from. In the end I had to unfortunately lie.

I was deep in this now and I couldn't imagine myself ever being without Marcello by my side. I was seemingly falling head over heels for him.

"Come with me, little one." I snapped my head up to stare at him, Marcello got up from his chair and was about to leave the room so I quickly followed him.