38. Confessions.

I sighed and turned to leave the restroom, but I quickly buried the stick behind me when I discovered Marcello in my bedroom. Although it was not entirely unexpected, I was nonetheless startled to see Marcello there.

He looked extremely dangerous, and I reluctantly took a step back because of that. His eyes were lethal, unlike anything I had ever seen. Although I doubt he would hurt me, this Marcello was not my Marcello.

As usual, he was perfectly attired in a black suit, despite the fact that his hair was a little messy. I was grateful that he was safe.

"How did you find out that I was here?" After posing a question that made no sense, I immediately rolled my eyes.

Why would he not be aware? He served as my own personal device tracker, and Dillon was aware of my location.

However, why would a motel permit him entry to my room? Better not tell me he also owned this motel.

"You seem to forget that everything in Silcity works for me, Little One; there is nowhere you could flee or hide and I wouldn't find you." His eyes appeared to calm down and return to their baby blue color as he moved in closer to me and I moved away from him.

His eyes assessed me seductively before glancing to my hand that was behind my back, "Are you planning to harm me, princess?" He gestured to my hand.

"No, I wouldn't hurt or harm you, Marcello. I'm not you, and in contrast to you, I cherish the people I care about instead of hurting them." I threw my words at him.

As soon as I said those words, I grimaced and shut my eyes, feeling the anguish. His eyes no longer soft, but rather hurt and vulnerability. His very presence tugged at my heart strings, and I fiercely fought the temptation to cross the room and embrace him instead.

I turned my head away so I wouldn't feel vulnerable or exposed by Marcello's broken appearance as he thrusts his hair as if he hadn't run his fingers through it a million times.

"You're mistaken, Amia, I didn't do what you think I did." As he spoke to me, his melodious voice seemed rather plaintive.

"Nevertheless, Marcello, why should I believe you? You went out of your way to exact revenge, knowing that doing so would hurt me, but did you do it nonetheless, or did you think that I wouldn't find out like you thought I wouldn't about everything else?" I probed him in an effort to get the straight story.

"Amia, a lot of the time my methods of doing things aren't deemed appropriate, therefore I hide them from you for your protection." He acknowledged making me scoff at him.

"So I suppose that sleeping with your enemy's women is your method of exacting revenge? I assume that this will be a persistent issue." I bit my lip to keep from sobbing and kept probing.

"Just an act, really. Nothing happened while I was there, so I came home to find you. I called for you, but you weren't there. All of my thoughts were focused on you. I would have done it if I had been the same man I once was, but I only have your best interests in mind." Prior to remembering exactly what was in my hand, I was about to fold my hands but immediately stopped.

"I am aware you didn't bed with Stella. I had a confession from Stella herself regarding your dedication to me, and I watched the terrible footage of what actually transpired." I came clean as I recalled the video that night when he entered the room.

Previously...........

Stella sultrily climbed onto the bed after Marcello entered the room with her, but Marcello sat down on a neighboring sofa and ordered one of his men in the room to join Stella. Stella jumped out of bed upon seeing this.