07 - "Murderer."

Landon's POV

Landon's POV

"I rushed through the hospital doors, ran the whole way here from that boarding school. I swear Raf please, you and your girlfriend be okay... "Rafael Waithe! And Cassie?! His girlfriend.!" I shouted in fear. I pray I'm not too late...

"What's your relation to them?" The front desk lady asked.

"They could literally be dying right now and that's why you're holding me up!?" This is incredibly frustrating. She just looked awaiting an answer. "I'm his brother!" My voice cracked.

"Down the hall, Rafael is stable."

"And Cassie?" I asked in worry for the fact she didn't mention her name.

"In the same room... you can say your goodbyes..." My face dropped.

"I'll be there..." I tried not to drop a tear in front of her.

Raf was unconscious and Cassie... she was hardly alive, "Tell Raf I love him... And not to blame himse-," her voice drifted off.

"Cassie?" I looked at her, as she closed her eyes... giving up. "Cassie!!" I yelled beginning to shake her. "CASSIE!" I shook her profusely. "Wake up! You can't die!" I yelled. "DOCTOR! I NEED A DOCTOR!" Two doctors ran in sticking her with IV's. But they didn't help, her heartbeat just slowed down. Slower and slower... until... it stopped.

"Time of death. 8:32 pm," the doctor wrote on his notepad. They began wheeling her out. I saw her parents run through the doors crying. They didn't get to say goodbye and neither did Raf, I looked back at him. How did this happen! Why did it?! If I had just been here sooner...

"Lan..." Raf gained consciousness. "Where's Cassie...?" He saw my reddened, glossy eyes. I just cried; I had no idea how to tell him something like this. "Where's Cassie?!?!" He repeated even louder, beginning to feel angry. He growled, sitting up in anger beginning to cry, after realizing. He wouldn't stop banging the bed, and then he grabbed his head in pain. He screamed and a nurse came rushing in. Then suddenly, he opened his eyes, which glowed a bright yellow for a short moment. What the hell...

"Calm down!" The nurse grabbed him, but he threw her across the arm with his arm.

"Raf!" My head followed the nurse. "Breathe!!!" I turned back to him. Slowly, he began to calm down. "We'll get through this."

"It's all my fault... it's all my fault!" He kept repeating to himself.

"Raf... No! No it's not!" I tried to comfort him. The nurse came back ready to stick him with something, but I grabbed her hand, "It's alright... Can you discharge us?" She left the room.