08 - The Two Hopes Took it Upon Themselves

"So," Y/Hope caught up to her headmaster, "What are we gonna do now

"So," Y/Hope caught up to her headmaster, "What are we gonna do now.?"

"There's no we Hope," he demanded, "I don't even think I'm able to do anything about this."

"So what? We just go on with our lives as if we hadn't encountered our literal future?" she said sarcastically.

The headmaster stopped walking just in front of his office, "Your future," he said flatly.

"What is wrong-?"

"You killed Lizzie!" He yelled.

"So, your mad at me for something that I haven't even done yet?!" She stepped in front of him, "It's the future. We can change it! You know I'd never do that!"

"Well, you did Hope," he paced through the doors and slammed them shut.

Hope waved her hands, swinging the doors back open, "Are you serious!?"

"Yes! Hope!" His voice cracked; he cleared his throat. "Go and do whatever it is on your own. As you would do anyways."

"That's not fair," her voice faded.

"Of course, it's not. How do you think I feel every single time?! You choose to go off on your own."

Hope's eyes watered, she attempted to hold back the tears. "Fine," her voice barely there. Alaric watched the door waiting for her to leave. He sat down behind his desk, sighing, as he drew a drawer open and pulled out a bottle of already half drank bourbon.

•*•*•*•

"So, are you just gonna stand there or-?" Y/Lizzie raised an eyebrow, breaking the awkward silence. Little did she know her older self was listening into Hope's and her dad's conversation.

The older blonde flinched looking back up, "Oh, yeah," she hadn't even realized what was said.

"Yeah, you're just gonna stand there?" She questioned the zoned heretic.

"No- I mean," she stepped closer to the fireplace, "I was just listening."

Y/Lizzie's eyes widened, "With vampire hearing? That's gotta be amazing," she walked to the other side of the fireplace. "So, do you like being a heretic?" Her voice was hesitant as she crossed her arms, worried unwanted answer.

"You know. It's actually not half bad," H/Lizzie smiled with a slight chuckle. "I mean, I haven't really gotten a chance to experience the big bulk of it, but you know. Pretty nice."