27 - Josie's Secret

Hope pushed herself up off the ground

Hope pushed herself up off the ground. She sighed and turned around, infuriated, "I am going to kill Kaleb."

"No you're not," Mg said firmly. "You're gonna clean up your mess." The vampire demanded. He gestured over to the two people Hope had killed.

"You don't get to tell me what to do," Hope walked past him, towards the door, leaving the grill.

Mg vamped over to her before she could pull it open, "They did nothing to you. The worst thing those people did today was come here today, and get killed. Why..., Hope?" Mg shook his head, "What has happened to you?"

"I'm the same as I've always been," Hope raised her eyebrows. Mg put his hand in front of her so she wouldn't just walk out.

"No," Mg shook his head. "No you're not." He stepped in between Hope and the door, "You're not the Hope I wanted to come back." He looked in her eyes, "The Hope I knew wouldn't have hurt anyone who did nothing wrong!" Mg's voice got quieter, "I don't think you remember how things were before Josie killed you. You just chose to only look at that moment."

"Oh I remember very clearly, Mg." Hope nodded and said in a tired voice.

Hope folded the beautiful blue dress Lizzie let her wear, and set it neatly in its box. It was from her father... and it found her way back to her. She smiled thinking about him, holding back her tears.

She turned her head to a knocking come from the other side of her door. "Josie...?" Hope opened the door. She was confused by the brunette's appearance at her dorm.

Josie titled her head and gestured her hand at the dress on Hope's bed, "I just came to take the dress back."

Hope looked behind her, at the dress. "Oh," she pulled her head back to Josie. "Well, Lizzie said I could keep it, actually."

"Well, it's my mom's dress. Which means it's ours. Lizzie didn't even come to me before giving it to you," Josie said, tilting her head.

"It's from my dad, Josie. That's why Lizzie gave it to me," Hope shook her head and squinted her eyes. She didn't want Josie to take it back.

"No," Josie said firmly. She corrected, "Lizzie was supposed to wear it before she gifted her whole plan to you. She had no idea it was your fathers until I told her."

"Lizzie said I could keep it because it was from my dad, Josie. Why can't you just let me keep it—?" Hope furrowed her eyebrows and said in a quieter voice.

"Because it was our mom's and it should have been me or Lizzie wearing it tonight. It's not yours, Hope. You got to borrow it, and now I want it back." Josie invited herself in, and went to take the dress from Hope.

"You don't deserve this dress. I shouldn't have gone through with Lizzie's stupid plan," Josie grabbed the lid to the box and set it on. She turned around to leave with it, but Hope stood in the way.