12 - Delaying The Inevitable

"Dorian?" Hope headed to the library, running into Dr

"Dorian?" Hope headed to the library, running into Dr. Saltzman.

"And where have you been?" Alaric showed disappointment, clearly angry.

"Literally with the future," The headmaster held back a chuckle.

"Well, I did hear about that. What did Lizzie do before you and your--self disappeared?"

"So you already heard about that," she said sarcastically.

"Yeah, just blank on what happened," he crossed his arms.

"Lizzie tried to kill me!" She finally yelled out.

"Why would she do that—?!" He flinched at the words.

"Okay fine, I sent a warning, using Dr Saltzman. But he's fine now." The words echoed in her head as soon as he questioned her. "I don't know...," she knew the answer, choosing to lie.

The headmaster sighed, "I will deal with Lizzie later. Why were you looking for Dorian?"

"The alarm to your office, we set it off. But apparently something else was going on, that I didn't know about, and it allowed for that plan to work. Apparently, Dorian knows though."

"And was it your future self who told you this?" He assumed.

"Well- yes-,"

"It was a stolen knife. Dorian thought the alarm to my office was late to that."

"And who stole it...?" Hope was growing on something.

"Well, I think it was Landon Kirby-."

"Then it was," she assured. "When my older self was locked up, she told me that everything gets so messed up because of Landon- and-," she paused.

"What's everything that gets so messed up?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Our lives," she looked eye to eye with Alaric. "We have to find Landon."

"Hope. There's no we."

"You need my help, and you know it," she snarked, staring into Alaric's eyes. "In the future I obviously helped."

"There's no way of changing your future if you just do exactly as it tells you," Alaric elaborated.

"What does finding Landon have to do with my humanity shutting off? Or me even dying for that matter?!" She motioned her hands along her words.