23.1 - What Comes Around, Goes Around Pt. 1

"So where's this secret spot you have been so cryptic about?" A teenage girl teased on

"Just somewhere we won't be caught," A boy leaned in for a kiss with the girl. He pushed her backwards into a tree, kissing her neck.

She seemed uninterested, "John..." The girl's worried voice caused him to pull away from her in confusion. "I don't think it's safe..." she said with a shaky voice.

John turned around to see tons of blood, and pieces of people. "What the hell," he gulped and leaned into the girl. "Call the cops," he said but his girlfriend was just as frozen as him. He turned around, "Sarah! Call the cops!"

•*•*•*•*•

"This is a crime scene, sir. No one's supposed to walk past the yellow tape," A police officer informed. Behind him were tons of people involved in the Mystic Falls criminal justice and animal control.

Alaric peered over, waiting for his vampire side kick. Kaleb finally walked down the hillside from the road and into the woods. He looked the officer in the eyes, "You're gonna let my friend here and I help you investigate this little crime." Kaleb shook his head and added, "And you won't ask any questions."

"Come on over," the officer lifted the yellow tape for Alaric and Kaleb to walk under. Another officer walked over to the tape so they could walk into the crime.

"We think it was a pack of wolves. These people were— unfortunate to be in the midst of the pack," the officer opened his hand and gestured to the monstrosity. "Until we can track every last wolf down, there will be a town curfew, and no one's allowed to roam the woods."

Kaleb and Alaric listened carefully, and soon Kaleb heard something aside from the officer. He tapped Alaric, "If you could excuse me for a minute." Kaleb walked away from the two adults, and when he was out of sight, he vamped over to the groaning.

Kaleb pulled out the stick stuck from the vampire's side. The vampire was sitting against a tree and had a nasty werewolf bite on his neck. The police weren't half wrong about wolves being involved. The vampire groaned in pain. Kaleb bent his knees to face eye level with the vampire, "What the hell happened here?"

"Though, there's something we can't explain," the officer and Alaric walked over to some of the torn up people. They were desiccated; they were vampires. "We have scientists that are supposed to roll in and test these remains. Perhaps explain the greyed skin. My guess, it's some kind of disease that this pack of wolfs carried."

Alaric put his hand on the officer's shoulder, "Well make sure no one, including yourself, leaves this site. We don't want anyone else roaming down here," Alaric raised his eyebrows. He couldn't compel, but he could hopefully persuade. "Pardon me," the headmaster walked in the direction Kaleb went.

"Look, I can get you a cure for that nasty bite on your neck if you'd just tell me what the hell happened here," Kaleb offered.