16 - You're Lives, Of Crouse, Do Change

(10 Hours Later)

(10 Hours Later)

The sun was rising again, seems Leah had been driving all night. "Good morning," Leah smiled right as she noticed Lizzie lift her head. Lizzie squinted her eyes as she looked around. "We're in the 'Lone Star State,'" Leah informed the confused girl.

Lizzie put her head back down with her eyes closed, and groaned, "As if I know what that means."

"Texas," Leah slightly tightened her grip on the wheel. Lizzie nodded her head, though she barely heard what the girl had said. "We're coming up on a gas station. You need anything?"

"Just to be in Mystic Falls," Lizzie smiled. After keeping her head down, and failing to fall back asleep, she finally brought it up and looked at Leah when she spoke. "Maybe a bathroom break," the blonde gave a serious answer.

They pulled in, and Lizzie walked in while Leah filled the car with gas. She bought some chips, and used the restroom, before she came out. She held up the snacks and smiled. Leah chuckled at the gesture. Then she gestured that she was ready to get on the road again. "You don't need to go? Or just a break for that matter?" Lizzie questioned this girl's endurance.

"I just stopped at a station about 30 minutes ago. And a break from driving? I think I'd rather be sleep driving than let you drive." She teased and sat into the driver's seat. Lizzie walked around to sit next to her.

"Very funny," Lizzie said sarcastically. But Leah was right. She's still seeing things, and driving, well, it just isn't in the picture for her. Leah didn't hesitate to begin moving the car. It seemed like she was in just as much of a rush as Lizzie.

•*•*•*•

The tribrid stepped off the bus, and it immediately drove off after. The nostalgia gave her butterflies in her stomach. The last time she was on this road, she was biting into someone's neck. At least there was no gloomy darkness to add to it.

She slowly headed to the center of Mystic Falls. All she wanted to do was apologize for absolutely everything, but she just doesn't know how. Would they forgive her? 'I can't even forgive myself...' she thought.

She ordered her signature drink, Peanut butter blast with whip cream on the bottom, at the grill. She hadn't taken one sip off it though because all that ran through her head was Landon. He never forgot her favorite drink. Even when he... Even when he? Hope completely lost her thought. It was just gone, more than gone.

"You gonna drink that?" The waiter from before questioned seems she'd been sitting there for a whole 10 minutes with her hand barely holding her head up, and not having had a single sip. Hope picked her head up, veins emerging under her eyes very faintly. "Something's wrong with your eyes...?" The man squinted, trying to make out what he saw.