18 - It Was All A Ploy

"I'm in Mystic Falls, Hope

"I'm in Mystic Falls, Hope. Where the hell are you!?" Lizzie said with her phone up to her mouth. After, she hung up full of annoyance. "That's like the 20th voicemail!"

"Just go home, Lizzie. To your sister. More voicemails aren't going to do anything," Leah made an attempt to comfort the blonde. She pulled Lizzie's arm down, and the phone away from her face.

Something in Lizzie's head clicked as soon as Leah said that. "You know what you're right." If she goes back to the school, she can use magic and do a locator spell. Hopefully Hope's blood is still there.

Leah pulled out of the grill, and she drove them to the school. "Would you like to come?" Lizzie offered. Genuinely no one who wasn't supernatural came in, but at this point it didn't matter to Lizzie.

"I think I'm gonna drive around. Explore this town a bit," Leah nodded. "Besides, someone told me that this school is for the rich kids."

"How can someone live in LA and not be rich?" Lizzie remarked. She put her hand on her waste.

"Because that city stole all my money. It drained me," Leah smiled. Lizzie returned the smile, and began walking to the gate of the school. "Hold up," Leah pulled out her phone in the contacts, "If we're going to leave each other again, I think it's good to have each others numbers."

"Right," Lizzie took the phone, and typed her number. She gave it back then went through the front gate, and to the front door. Why does this feel so off. It's not like I wasn't just here a few days ago. At that time it should have felt more off. She hesitated to pull the door open. It felt like some alternate force was stopping her.

Lizzie turned around, thinking of going back, but Leah had already driven off. "Stop it, Lizzie. Just go inside!" She yelled to herself.

She held her hand open to pull the door handle, but she just couldn't bring herself to do so. Then, she heard voices and faint walking which got louder. It was Josie. And her.

"So, I talked to Mom," Lizzie stopped walking. Josie turned to her, and they stood in front of the sizzling fireplace. "She says that she'll be here in a few days. You know with all this merge crap that she can no longer hide. She can actually be honest with us now," the blonde rambled on. "I convinced her to give it a rest, and actually spend the holidays with us."

"Lizzie, that's awesome!" Josie's face bubbled with excitement. They haven't actually seen their mom since the opening of school this year. "So no answers with the merge then?" Josie asked.

"No. But Jo.. let's be honest. We already know the answer," Lizzie sighed. Not completely sure if it was a win win answer for her.