21 - Why Him?

"Cheers

"Cheers. To Elizabeth Saltzman, my favorite friend," Glasses clanked together, and two people downed the champagne contained inside.

Lizzie chuckled, "Appreciate it, but we all know," a smile formed on her face, "I am your only friend."

Hope returned a chuckle, "Happy New Years, Lizzie."

"Happy New Years, Hope."

————

"Give me your blood," Lizzie gestured for Hope's arm. They were sitting at a table behind the Mystic Grill. It was in an unclear view from the center of town.

"Why?" Hope furrowed her eyebrows at the concentrated blonde. She crossed her arms and leaned back in the chair to wait for Lizzie's response.

"You fed on Leah, not too many hours ago. Did you not?" Lizzie's hand was open on the table, waiting for Hope to hand her her arm in.

The tribrid gave in and laid her arm in Lizzie's palm. Lizzie slit Hope's wrist and picked it up for it to drip into a mug.

The tribrid shook her head, "What the hell kind of spell is this?"

"Well," Lizzie drank the mug with Hope's blood, "It's black magic for starters." Hope almost stood up, but Lizzie stopped her. "I don't know how I know the spell, I just do. We both have Leah's blood in our system, so we'll be able to see where she is."

Lizzie's eyes went black as she chanted.

No visions occurred, and Lizzie's head ached as she attempted to dig deeper in the spell which wasn't working. "There's nothing. I mean literally nothing." The witch slipped out, then continued the chant.

After moments of hard concentration, the spell broke, with no success. "I don't get it, why can't I track her?" Lizzie said out loud with frustration.

"Well she clearly knew us." The tribrid shook her head in annoyance. "She probably knows another witch to block our spells." Hope got up from the table and walked away without explanation.

Lizzie quickly pushed her seat back to get up and follow Hope, "Where are you going?" She questioned once she met pace with Hope.

"To do this the old-fashioned way." She twitched her head. Both her and Lizzie paced through the center of the charity work still happening in the square.

Lizzie found herself following Hope towards Wickery Bridge. When the two slowed down their pace, the Saltzman picked up her arms and dropped them to her side with a sigh, "And what the hell are we doing here?"