13 - There's Nothing To Worry About

As soon as Josie, Alaric, and Hope arrived at the school, Josie went straight to see Lizzie

As soon as Josie, Alaric, and Hope arrived at the school, Josie went straight to see Lizzie. She slowly opened the door, "Lizzie?"

"Go away Josie," Lizzie refused to look at her standing at the door.

Josie noticed the bruises on her face, "Lizzie! What happened?," she rushed to the bed, attempting to comfort her sister.

"Today sucked," she said under her breath.

"Tell me about it..."

Josie's words brought Lizzie up face to face with her, "No Josie. You had it made! Dad let you go with him and Hope. While I was stuck here having to deal with all this football crap! Alone!"

"I had it made?! Landon, a decent guy, he's not even coming back to the school! He actually liked me for me and yet he ran off because of all of Hope's threats! You were right about her.."

"I don't care about Hope this, Hope that. You don't need Landon Kirby! You don't need anyone's approval Jo, you have mine!"

"Why should I need approval at all?!" Lizzie went dumb. She hadn't realized the severity of her words until Josie repeated them... "Dad'll be up in a few mins. To talk with you about how you couldn't even lose a game because of your stupid pride," Josie headed out for a breather.

"Josie wait!" Lizzie sighed.

On the way to the twins' dorm, Alaric saw Josie on the way out of it. "Josie—."

"We had an argument," she told her dad before he could ask.

He sighed, "Josie."

"It's easier anyways. If we're mad at each other, it won't be so hard to not tell her about today."

"When I said don't tell your sister about today, I didn't mean get into a fight."

"I'm sorry..," she mumbled. Alaric gestured for them to go back to the dorm. Josie repeated her apology for Lizzie, and they laid down together, having twin cuddles. Almost all forgiven. Alaric was just happy to see them happy together and gave them a wishful goodnight.

•*•*•*•

Next Morning

"So the great 'God of Time' resides in New York?" Hope said as they entered the city, "How sure are you that Jen isn't lying?"

"Sure enough. I mean he was here when I got his help."

"Then why bother going to Jen if you already knew he was here?"