Chapter 25

Lucy POV

I was finally back in Ezra’s car, heading home.

Liam was in Noah’s car, driving it back home, because both Noah and Theo refused to be apart from me. I was glad because I didn’t want them to leave me, even if it were just for a few minutes.

For a while, I thought I would never leave that damned hospital. But I did. I left with a rib brace, bandaged cuts, and prescriptions for an antibiotic and a safer painkiller. Nate said it wouldn’t be as effective as tramadol, but I couldn’t keep taking that. Also, now that my ribs are in a brace, the healing should start and there won’t be a need for painkillers anymore.

I was sitting between Theo and Noah, trying to stay awake.

My pain was reduced, but my fever was still high, making me sleepy. Also, I was exhausted from all the talking and stress of telling them the truth.

Noah kept running his hand through my hair, and that certainly didn’t help to keep me awake.

“Sleep, honey.” Ezra said, glancing at me through the rearview mirror.

Theo placed my head on his shoulder, kissed my forehead, and I was out like a light.

I woke up briefly to someone picking me up and carrying me out of the car, but I was too tired to protest and try to walk on my own. I just let them carry me to my comfortable bed.

The next time I woke up, it was morning, and I was lying in my bed between Theo and Noah. Their arms were wrapped around me, and they were snoring quietly.

I chuckled and tried to get up. I needed to go to the bathroom.

At first, the task seemed impossible. Each time I tried to get up, their grip on me tightened. I even tried to wake them up, but it was useless. I had no idea they were such sleepyheads. Eventually, I managed to wiggle my way out by lying on my back and sliding under their arms until I reached the foot of the bed.

I sighed in relief and hurried to the bathroom. My bladder was going to burst, and I really didn’t want to pee in my bed. Although, it would really be their fault. You should wake up when someone slaps your shoulder repeatedly.

I brushed my teeth and tied my hair into a ponytail.

I still had a fever, but it wasn’t as bad as yesterday.

I quietly got out of the bathroom and left the room, closing the door behind me silently.

When I walked into the kitchen, Liam and Ezra were sitting on the counter, sipping their coffee.

They looked like they didn’t get any sleep. Both of them had dark bags under their eyes, and their skin looked pale.

My heart clenched painfully. I knew it was my fault they didn’t sleep.

Both of them looked up when they heard me enter.

“What are you doing, honey?” Ezra asked, standing up and walking to me. “You should be in bed.”

He placed his palm on my forehead and frowned.

“Did you sleep?” I asked him, ignoring his question.

“Don’t worry about us, love.” Liam said as he too stood up and walked to me, wrapping me up in a hug. “Why aren’t you in bed?”

“Of course I worry.” I frowned. “It’s my fault you didn’t sleep.”

“It’s not your fault, Lucy.” Ezra said, rubbing my back soothingly.

Liam let go of me and placed his hands on my shoulder.