Chapter 30

Noah POV

An hour later, there was a knock on the door.

Theo’s hands immediately went to Lucy, placing her behind him protectively.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him and went to open the door.

Ethan and Aiden were waiting outside with huge smiles on their faces. They were excited to meet Lucy. We’ve told them about her, but we wanted to wait for her to be comfortable before meeting them.

“Hey, guys.” I smiled and stepped aside so they could enter the house.

I walked behind them to the living room. Theo was still standing in front of Lucy, shielding her from their gazes.

“Hey, Theo.” Aiden said happily. “Is that Lucy?”

Theo nodded reluctantly and stepped aside.

I could hear Ethan and Aiden gasp quietly.

“Fuck, she is pretty.” Aiden mumbled.

“Back the fuck off.”

“Hell no.”

“Thank you.”

Theo, Lucy, and I said at the same time.

Ethan laughed and shook his head. “Hi, Lucy. My name is Ethan. It is good to finally meet you.”

“Hi, Ethan.” Lucy said with a small smile. “It’s good to meet you too.”

“Hi, Lucy.” Aiden said, blushing.

I’m going to have to talk to him. By the look on Theo’s face, he would like to do more than just talk to him.

“Hi, Aiden.” she smiled at him.

We heard footsteps approaching the living room, and Ezra opened the door.

“Hi, guys.” he said with a smile.

"Hi, Ezra." Ethan and Aiden said at the same time.

Ezra walked straight to Lucy, pulling her into his arms.

When Liam and Ezra came home from work and we told them Ethan and Aiden were coming, they were thrilled. I guess they also thought Theo needed time for himself.

“Are you ready, honey?” Ezra asked Lucy, running his hand through her hair.

They made plans to bake cookies and watch a movie together.

“Yes.” she looked up at him and smiled.

I could feel Theo’s nervousness. He pulled her out of Ezra’s arms and pressed her against his chest. His breaths were fast and shallow. I could see his hands trembling slightly.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Ethan and Aiden exchange a confused glance.

“I will be in the kitchen, Theo.” Lucy said, rubbing his back soothingly.

He nodded stiffly and let her go. Ezra took her hand and led her out of the room. She waved at us before closing the door behind her.

I grabbed Theo’s shaking hand and started pulling him upstairs.

Ethan and Aiden followed us with a confused expression on their faces.

As soon as the door to my room closed, Ethan and Aiden started with their questions.

“What was that?”

“Are you okay, Theo?”

I looked at Theo, who rolled his eyes, sat down on my bed and buried his head in his hands.