○7

Part-2

Donghyuck paced back and forth in his living room with the cell phone gripped tightly in his fist.  His knuckles were gradually turning white with the force he was applying to the device.

An hour passed since Mark left. Donghyuck waited for his text but he never got one, nor did he receive a call. At first, he didn't think too much about it, assuming that the other got busy with work. Donghyuck even tried to sleep after texting a short message to his boyfriend to text him back when he would be free.

But Dongyuck's senses were tingling, trying to signal that something was not right about the night.

Donghyuck checked his phone again, but there was nothing. So he decided to call the hospital.

"Hi, this is Lee Donghyuck. Has Dr. Mark Lee reached the hospital?" He desperately wanted to hear affirmation from her response.

"Hi Sir, Dr. Lee hasn't reported till now. We are trying to reach him but he is not picking up his phone."

"O-okay, please call me once he arrives."

"Sure sir, take care."

The call ended. Donghyuck's worries were heightened now. His heart started to thunder in his chest and his limbs became numb. His vision started to blur and all he could see were black spots.

He is a detective, a trained officer but it didn't negate the fact that he is a human too. At present, Donghyuck found himself in the shoes of the clients he came across in the past.

"You got this Hyuck. Everything will be fine. Mark is okay. Everything is fine. Don't panic. Don't panic" Donghyuck kept on muttering to calm himself down.

He sat down on the floor with erratic breaths. He gripped his hair hard as tears started falling down his eyes. He couldn't decide anything. He felt like a rock has settled itself upon him. It was very disturbing.

It wasn't the first time Mark failed to notify him, nor it was the first time he left in the middle of the night. Heck! They don't even see each other for months!

Then why the fuck Donghyuck felt like something has happened to Mark? Something beyond bad?

His phone rang. Donghyuck quickly picked it up to see if it was Mark but it was Jaemin instead, his colleague. It instantly set a very bad feeling inside his stomach.

"Hello J-Jaemin! I-is there an emergency?" Donghyuck was unable to form sentences. He didn't want to think anything anymore.

"Um-yes, there is. Donghyuck are you okay?" Jaemin could sense the distress in other's voice.

"I am okay Jaemin. Please continue." Donghyuck tried to mask his weaving voice.

"A-actually Hyung, please don't freak out when I tell you this. There has been an accident on the highway a-and we found Mark hyung's body-"

Donghyuck didn't hear the rest. His phone fell down from his hand. He gripped where his heart was. A pain shot through his chest and he felt like the air was knocked out of his lungs.

"Mark" A painful whisper departed from his lips before he passed out.

👹